04-27-2024, 06:13 AM   #6483
psulaw
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulaw View Post
First time poster, long time reader.

I just ordered a 2025 BMW M440i xDrive Coupe from BMW Military Sales in Stuttgart, Germany. Looking forward to engaging with others on this thread who are in a similar position or have questions.

2025 BMW M440i xDrive Coupe
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Black Vernasca Leather w/ Red Highlights
Carbon Fiber Trim
Cooling and High Performance Tire Package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Parking Assistance Package
Premium Package
Shadowline Package
Galvanic Controls
M Carbon Exterior Package
SensaTec Dashboard
Drive Recorder
Red Calipers (I went back and forth on red vs. blue but thought red would compliment the red highlights on the seats).

Pretty much opted for every package and option available except ventilated seats because they aren't available on the black vernasca leather with red highlights seats.

I've received an order number and paid my deposit, but that is as far as I've gotten. Now I'm waiting to find out about the next step.
I guess because I am purchasing an US-spec car in Germany, I do not have have the ability to monitor the status of my build. However, I was notified by BMW yesterday that I have been assigned a VIN. Does anyone know how long after a VIN is assigned before my car is built? I was told that my car is being built in Germany, and my research seemed to indicate that G22s are built at the Dingolfing plant, which is only three hours from where I live. Thus, I’m guessing delivery will be pretty quick. But I don’t know how long the process takes from receiving a VIN until the car is placed on a truck and heading my way. If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate it.

By the way, I saw a few hours ago that a BMW dealership in Canada posted a video on YouTube of a 2025 BMW M440i. This is the first video I’ve seen of a 2025 BMW M440i Coupe that wasn’t just cut from advertising content or clips from premiers at auto shows. Glad to see that the 2025s are hitting the streets!
Appreciate 0