Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddien123 View Post
We all have our opinions. E90 is by far the best steering and the f80 felt like a tuned 335. Steering was a complete joke and car was stiff for the sake of being stiff. It was just not a good experience compared to the e92 m3
You got it all wrong - the F80 is stiff for the sake of performance. Which is why it’s so much better on track than the E90.

Nothing wrong with liking the E90. I loved mine. But I moved on to a better performance platform.
To each their own. In reality (modern) M3s are DDs first and track cars second. The F80 was insanely rough even on soft settings and the engine note is just terrible. F80 was noticeably bigger and the front end doesn't look as good. (F80 rear looks far better than e90).

Honestly the DCT in the f80 was greats and the low end torque made it a lot of fun without drawing too much attention to it. after driving both I was convinced the E92 m3 was going to be my next car. I wish I liked the f80 since it's newer and has more tech to it but I can't get over that engine and design.

I'm glad you're liking your f80 though. I've heard mixed feelings about people who have moved up to the newer cars.
Appreciate 1
wknddrivr464.50