View Single Post
      04-22-2024, 06:28 PM   #1
BMW007CA
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Did BMW change the car and no one noticed?

Hello,

I have a 2020 330i (Sport Line) non-M model. The other day, I had a 2024 330i (Sport Line) loaner as my car was in service and I though it will be great to test drive and see what improvements were made other than the big screen and the cosmetic changes to the front and back of the car.

I was VERY SURPRISED at the following and would like to know if anyone noticed the same with the 2024 330i model:

1. Compared to my car, the 2024 330i suspension seems to be way softer than mine, as if BMW softened the suspension. I experienced this both in the Comfort and Sport settings. I did not like this change at all as it felt I was driving a C class.

2. Similarly, the steering felt way more numb and vague. With my car, when I increase the speed (especially in Sport mode), the steering feels noticeably "heavier", which is appropriate of the 3 series. This was not the case with the 2024 model, the steering feedback was very weak, even in Sport Mode.

3. Because of the inclusion of the long rectangular screen, there now seems to be more "open space" that I felt made the car to feel larger but that's my opinion.

4. The seats were slightly more comfortable and being perforated is a nice touch.

In conclusion, when I picked my car up I immediately noticed the difference in ride and handling.

I will not consider this refreshed model in the future, definitely not with the dumbed down suspension and steering.

What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0