01-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #115
crono06
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i and 2018 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqpablon View Post
Not true. I have always done a 3yr/45k mi lease on my BMW. I am on my fourth currently. Until recently I have always had a manual 3 series with either sport or msport pack. I used to SCCA and do track days, but not anymore. I don't have the time with children to pursue track day activities; perhaps when they are older.

There are great reviews of the new Jag coming out of Europe. Many reviewers are saying the new Jag has the driving dynamics you would expect out of a BMW and that it currently out BMW's the 3 series.

When the XE gets here I will test drive one, If I like it I will switch to Jag. It doesn't hurt that Jaguar is switching to a 5 year 60k mile maintenance plan.

If I can get a better driving experience and have routine maintenance covered for the 45-50k miles I'll use, it's a no brainer for me.
I completely understand that and I'm in agreeance with you. If somebody else offers a better package, of course it would make sense to go with them.

You seem like the type of person that enjoys driving, and even though you now have other obligations, you'll still want a car that's fun to drive. Let's say the 3 performs better/is more fun to drive. Would you take the XE instead solely due to better maintenance coverage (stressing maintenance plan here, not warranty)? I'm fairly sure you, personally, would not.

Not sure if you read through the thread regarding the reduction in timeframe, but some posters in that thread said they would drop BMW just because of the reduction of time and coverage.
Appreciate 0