03-21-2024, 03:31 AM   #13
RoGo330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW330i2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacBres View Post
Thank you all!

Apparently there are many different opinions.

At the moment I am leaning towards:

1. keeping the electric seats - I am basically the only driver, but the levers are so outdated. This is a small thing but gives the car more luxurious taste.

2. I will leave out the HUD - It's nice, I know, but all in all it's just mirroring some information that I will have anyway on the screens. And it's quite expensive.

3. I will leave out the sunroof - most of people confirm they use it very seldom.

4. I am not convinced about the electric trunk, but seems reasonable to keep it. I hate touching the dirty trunk.

5. the parking assistant - still undecided.

But I am happy you assured me that I should take the better engine even at the cost of lowering the option level.

There was a very nice argument about the additional weight! Apparently the sunroof + power seats are about 60 kg. That's like one not so small passenger in a car.
Hi OP: Congrats on almost getting your 330i. I love mine! Yes, there are lots of good opinions, and people are very supportive on the forum where I’ve learned a lot. As posters have said here: go for the better engine first — and then you can see which of your build list is least important to you.
1. Electric seats would be the option I would keep. You can set your favorite seat position, and then you still can do instant refined adjustments on longer drives, and can as easily back up your seat all the way for vacuuming or getting out of the car smoothly.
2. I never use the HUD. (I know lots of folks like it, but I found it distracting, so I shut it off.)
3. I have opened the sun roof twice; also, many forum folks have had experiences of their sunroofs rattling or leaking.
4. I have the foot trunk activater, too. It’s temperamental, and so you get used to opening/closing your trunk, old school style.
5. Hey, parking a 330i is fun! The side mirrors dip down and can help to avoid wheel curb scraping. You don’t really need assist.

Keep us posted! And, what color combo are you choosing?
Appreciate 1