View Single Post
      04-22-2024, 02:29 PM   #2
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i: RIP '18 440i MPPSK

Disregard the following statements, for I know not which I speak of:

Each of us has our own priorities, when purchasing a car. For me, more important than the brand of bolt ons they added - would be: Has the car been previously tuned?

A previously turned car may be perfectly fine, or it could have been driven very hard and put a lot of additional wear on an engine and parts. A coin toss that I don't like to take. But it's not really possible to truly know if a car was tuned or not.

My rule of thumb: If the front Grille is BLACK, I typically stay away. Not saying that a gloss black grille automatically means it was tuned. That is not true at all. I AM Saying . . that if someone tuned their car . . it's highly unlikely they left the grille that factory chrome color.

Your car has the chrome color grille. And so that's a plus in my book. But the exhaust. I have the dual exhaust as well. And I kinda put that in my 'cautious' buyer book. Sure, someone may simply LOVE the way it looks. But most likely, if someone was into the exhaust mods - they tuned it.

Again - take what I say with a grain of salt. Nobody can truly answer your questions. All we have are our own experience and thoughts.