Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications My new 2021 330i

04-28-2024, 09:27 PM   #1
EuroTechny631
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i X-Drive

My new 2021 330i

Whats up everyone.....have to say its refreshing to be a part of the bimmer community again.....after 9 years, I have moved up from the E92 to this and, I know the best place to come for advice, tips and anything fun is on here so, anyone who has anything cool to send my way as far as owning these, lmk...

Little background on me, to introduce myself. I am a B tech who worked for BMW for 7 years and now works at a private shop. My first and most recent BMW was my E92 2008 335i 6MT, which was an amazing car. I had VRSF downpipes, JB4, and some other impressive upgrades, and again, want to know if there's any recommendations as to a favorite brand etc.

looking forward to being a part of the community
Austin
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 11:03 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Welcome back; lots of new brands since then, I recommend doing some reading on the forums to keep up with the latest developments since you left the scene

Let me know what kind of mods you wish to get and i can recommend the most popular options

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 09:00 PM   #3
EuroTechny631
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i X-Drive

Hey, thanks

So I have an old laptop with an old version of BMW Standard tools, INPA, ISTA, WinKFP, all those fun programs, which I have totally forgotten how to use, I used to code modules all the time on the old e9x series.

I am considering picking up a cheap laptop, and either the THOR or the MHD Wireless dongle, any suggestions?

Also, looking into doing coils and plus on my car soon, its just at 50k and since I just got it, I am a bit ocd about items so crucial. Looking at the Turner coils and NGK plus.

I have browsed through the XHP Website, which I never got to use on my E9x 6MT, and I am a bit confused, but it seems like its a ton of money for the software for this car, so any opinions?

Lastly, please feel free to mention these new brands. In the past, I had VRSF Cerakote coated catless downpipes on my E92, with FORGE DV, Evolution Racewerks Charge Pipe, and BMS DCI. I also had JB4.

Love to hear any feedback, also curious what "unlockable" secret coding features the G series has.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0