Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Next-gen 2019 BMW 3 Series (G20) prototype breaks cover! Spyshots Compilation

Closed Thread

07-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #375
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
Better brakes! Yay
Looks fast
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 1
ORIGIN M.3160.50
      07-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #376
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fijigabe0 View Post
Not sure if anybody caught it from the photos, but bye-bye emergency brake lever. Looks like the car comes with an e-parking brake.
That's something I would honestly miss - my 981 had an e-brake and it was really strange...it was nice to have the true E brake once I got my F80.
      07-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #377
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Here the photographer was too busy "Focusing" on a Ford Focus but was com pletely oblivious to the BMW convoy behind.
But here is a G20 running a full electrical system instead of the placeholders seen in the above Spy photographs.
Hopefully they took pictures afterwards because they missed not only the G20 but the M2 CS and the upcoming Z4 which had some camouflage removed to reveal its aerodynamic packet.
Attached Images

07-11-2017, 05:06 PM   #378
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Scott, is the pictured Z4 the same as the Toyota shared platform that had been identified as the Z5 earlier, or a smaller, lighter platform?

It looks absolutely huge, so I'm assuming it's the Supra chassis. Any chance of a return to a Z3 or even first gen Z4 with rwd?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #379
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Here the photographer was too busy "Focusing" on a Ford Focus but was com pletely oblivious to the BMW convoy behind.
But here is a G20 running a full electrical system instead of the placeholders seen in the above Spy photographs.
Hopefully they took pictures afterwards because they missed not only the G20 but the M2 CS and the upcoming Z4 which had some camouflage removed to reveal its aerodynamic packet.
Well bless their little hearts

Appreciate 1
      07-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #380
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Scott, is the pictured Z4 the same as the Toyota shared platform that had been identified as the Z5 earlier, or a smaller, lighter platform?

It looks absolutely huge, so I'm assuming it's the Supra chassis. Any chance of a return to a Z3 or even first gen Z4 with rwd?
Yep that's the Z4 - Toyota Supra's Twin Brosef (or Z5/6 whatever they end up calling it... )

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #381
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
Quote:

Yep that's the Z4 - Toyota Supra's Twin Brosef (or Z5/6 whatever they end up calling it... )

Thanks. I'll continue to ignore that one. Hoping for a return to sporty Z's, not just more GT oriented ones.
Appreciate 1
dmboone254972.00
      07-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #382
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. I'll continue to ignore that one. Hoping for a return to sporty Z's, not just more GT oriented ones.
No doubt.

If we ever even see a Z3.

The Z3 better be RWD or there will be some seriously pissed of people.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #383
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No doubt.

I'd put my money on pissed off people. BMW doesn't seem interested in much outside of sales these days, and the casual driver is pleased with smaller cars having fwd and more interior space. So we'll likely get a Mini with a few more hp, a dozen roundels and a serious price hike.

Pity though, as the space between the Miata and the 718 is huge and throwing a B58 into a 3,000 pound car would spice up the segment significantly.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #384
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No doubt.

I'd put my money on pissed off people. BMW doesn't seem interested in much outside of sales these days, and the casual driver is pleased with smaller cars having fwd and more interior space. So we'll likely get a Mini with a few more hp, a dozen roundels and a serious price hike.

Pity though, as the space between the Miata and the 718 is huge and throwing a B58 into a 3,000 pound car would spice up the segment significantly.
I am going to seriously have to consider the 718 Boxster S, if only to be able to strike a good lease deal.

Now back to the thread at hand /
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #385
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No doubt.

I am going to seriously have to consider the 718 Boxster S, if only to be able to strike a good lease deal.
Having owned a Z3 M Coupe and driven a friend's Z4 M Coupe extensively, its hard to argue that the Boxster/Cayman isn't faster and easier to drive, but both MC's were certainly more fun.

Using the way back machine, my dad's FD RX7 was much more fun to drive than the MkIV Supras I've driven.

I'm not holding out much hope for the Toyota collab. It will be interesting to see what Porsche does with the 718 R, GT4 or similar. More juice for the turbo four or another round of H6's?
Appreciate 3
ORIGIN M.3160.50
c63er878.50
      07-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #386
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No doubt.

Having owned a Z3 M Coupe and driven a friend's Z4 M Coupe extensively, its hard to argue that the Boxster/Cayman isn't faster and easier to drive, but both MC's were certainly more fun.

Using the way back machine, my dad's FD RX7 was much more fun to drive than the MkIV Supras I've driven.

I'm not holding out much hope for the Toyota collab. It will be interesting to see what Porsche does with the 718 R, GT4 or similar. More juice for the turbo four or another round of H6's?
Those two will be H6's.

They are saving those for the R and whatnot.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #387
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

BMW really doesn't care much for tradition anymore eh.
      07-11-2017, 05:45 PM   #388
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
What, you don't remember all those awd, automatic M cars?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #389
AKRAPOVICOWNS
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:
This *** better have taken more pics indeed. This G20 seems to be running on production headlights, as is the Z4, now with full production body aswell it seems. Either way, someone will eventually catch them, as they are in the wild now.

Scott, do you think that theres a chance for a Z4 M, and/or coupe version for this gen?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 07:23 PM   #390
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Seeing the new A8 and the interior, that is probably the route that every Audi will be taking. BMW needs to bring their A game for this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #391
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
I don't know if this qualifies as a Run-on sentence or not..... Either way.. it pretty much reads as follows.. blah blah blah ..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-11-2017 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 08:10 PM   #392
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340ix

Rear wheel steering any chance? Remote parking any chance?
      07-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #393
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Bad news is the X3 did not get remote parking, so I doubt we see until the M3/M4's come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytexter View Post
Rear wheel steering any chance? Remote parking any chance?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #394
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Oh no, it has a big stupid grill like its big brothers
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #395
cbertels
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 YMB-SS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
What, you don't remember all those awd, automatic M cars?
I know, right? I've had my F80 tuned to cut the power in half to bring the 0-60 time back to its roots. I also had the top speed limited to a more realistic figure.
Appreciate 3
Lister59.50
clbmw632.50
      07-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #396
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Post a few more from the rear.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread