Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK AC Schnitzer Lowering springs

05-03-2024, 11:06 AM   #1
Nip1912
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: m340i

AC Schnitzer Lowering springs

Anybody running AC schnitzer lowering springs on an M340i touring. Curious to know people thoughts on them
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 01:22 PM   #2
AlfaM
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nip1912 View Post
Anybody running AC schnitzer lowering springs on an M340i touring. Curious to know people thoughts on them
I had them on a 2015 335d saloon with Adaptive Suspension and spacers. Installed from new and covered 175k miles. Other than looking better didn't notice them.

I’ll be putting a set on my M340d when I get time to do it, although it doesn’t sit as high as the F30 XDrives did on stock springs,
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2024, 04:48 AM   #3
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Nip1912 I have them on mine and honestly cannot fault them.

I had them fitted with stock 19 inch wheels originally and was pleased with the look and more importantly the improved ride quality.

Mine is now on 20 inch wheels with PS4S and i would say its still sits perfect.

Picture is after the springs were fitted (with spacers) after around 4-6 weeks ownership of the car.
Attached Images

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring

Last edited by P-ToK72; 05-06-2024 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2024, 10:25 AM   #4
seanblee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 M340i

Just had them fitted to my car - as everyone else has said, they look better and the ride quality hasn't suffered at all. I haven't had a chance to push the car on the twisties yet but I can believe roll will be reduced too. Win win!
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2024, 05:53 PM   #5
b19rak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 M340i

Speaking to BMA the ACS springs are made by Eibach and just rebranded and more expensive. He recommended to go with Eibach as it’s the same but a little cheaper. I had them on my pre lci and they were very good but will be harsh if on run flats. Was amazing after I switched to Michelin Pilot Sports.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 01:31 AM   #6
seanblee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by b19rak View Post
Speaking to BMA the ACS springs are made by Eibach and just rebranded and more expensive. He recommended to go with Eibach as it’s the same but a little cheaper. I had them on my pre lci and they were very good but will be harsh if on run flats. Was amazing after I switched to Michelin Pilot Sports.
They are made by Eibach, but so are lots of springs. The rates and length are ACS-specific, with slightly less of a drop than Eibach ProKit, and from most suppliers there's only about £20 difference in price. It depends what you're looking for - I wanted the least possible impact to ride quality with a very conservative drop just to reduce the wheel gap.

I'm on Pirelli PZ4 runflat tyres at the moment and the ride is still perfectly fine. I'll switch to PS4 in the future but don't let RFTs put you off.
Appreciate 1
P-ToK72348.00
      05-07-2024, 03:49 AM   #7
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

I fully appreciate that I’m probably the only person here with this point of view, but to me lowered cars just look wrong. Like there’s something wrong with the suspension, or maybe too many paving slabs in the boot.

I struggle to see why others like to go for this look. But like I said, it’s probably just me!
Appreciate 1
B6WAF77.50
      05-07-2024, 04:47 AM   #8
HeebieJeebies
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320d xdrive, G22M440i xdri

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
I fully appreciate that I’m probably the only person here with this point of view, but to me lowered cars just look wrong. Like there’s something wrong with the suspension, or maybe too many paving slabs in the boot.

I struggle to see why others like to go for this look. But like I said, it’s probably just me!
Too slammed is a ricer look, a nice stance gives a car a favourable look.

Too many inexperienced moder’s have no idea what they’re doing with suspension and, either just don’t know or don’t bother with all that goes along with lowering, spacing, stiffening suspension set ups.

Geometry is key, as is an understanding of spring rating v just dropping. Then there’s ‘what am I after’ scenario, track focused, fast road set up or aesthetics?

It’s not for everyone but that’s why forums exist, to garner, not just opinion but others experience and what pitfalls to look out for.

I’m a big fan of a nice, lowered, arch filled stance, just don’t overdo it
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2024, 07:09 AM   #9
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Not just about lowering, it's about ride quality and road holding.

Had ACS on my last F31 340i firstly just springs, was an improvement but the standard dampers where not up to it, so added the ACS dampers too (so the full sports suspension). Not only did it handle / look better with a slight lowering but it was a more controlled and comfortable ride than the standard set up.

Have no knowledge of the G31 but I suspect that the same improvement would be made.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 10:36 AM   #10
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:

No it's not!

Each to their own when it comes to looks, enhanced handling ability, etc but I personally have never felt drawn to doing any of these wheel/tyre/suspension modifications being quite happy that the R&D BMW has put into the car is enough for my needs.
I'm also wary of any implications some of the 'mods' may have against warranty claims.
I accept that properly thought out and well engineered changes wouldn't necessarily impact on future claims and especially those that would be considered 'approved' but even so the expense to do them I'd find cost prohibitive.
A strictly personal view and for some it's a hobby and gives a lot of pleasure.
Like I said above 'each to their own' and if that's what 'floats your boat' then why not? Go for it! Some modifications look really, really good but sadly some look like 'a dog's breakfast!' The former do indeed enhance the look of the car the latter just detract from it.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 04:16 PM   #11
Nip1912
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-ToK72 View Post
Nip1912 I have them on mine and honestly cannot fault them.

I had them fitted with stock 19 inch wheels originally and was pleased with the look and more importantly the improved ride quality.

Mine is now on 20 inch wheels with PS4S and i would say its still sits perfect.

Picture is after the springs were fitted (with spacers) after around 4-6 weeks ownership of the car.
Cheers for info and pic. Looking at your profile pic your car looks like one a saw a an m340 meet at the motorist. Wasn’t you was it ?
Appreciate 1
P-ToK72348.00
      05-08-2024, 01:49 AM   #12
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Cheers for info and pic. Looking at your profile pic your car looks like one a saw a an m340 meet at the motorist. Wasn’t you was it ?
Nip1912 Yes i was there with my lad, feels like a distant memory already. It was a good turnout on that day, hopefully we can arrange another meet soon now that the weather seems to be improving.

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring

Last edited by P-ToK72; 05-08-2024 at 02:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2024, 02:17 PM   #13
JG66
Rep
Drives: BMW M340D Touring 2021

Quote:

Yup mate...just you SOLO mate...BTW ever been to the Land of Cars ? ie: America ? California would have you in convulsions if you went to any decent car meet...
Appreciate 0