Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 330e owners... how do you like the car?

04-07-2024, 11:13 PM   #89
sim_330e
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e Msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
What good timing. I am interested with a 330e. What's the long term ownership experience like?
Repairs?
We are anxious about the hybrid battery tech long term as we tend to keep our daily driver 8-10years.
I’ve had it for a month and I’ve really liked it! It’s practical and has a nice punch interms of power. Boot size is a bit smaller than the 330i but it still fits 2 large suit cases Algood and that’s enough for me..

If practicality and fuel savings / phew tax savings doesn’t matter to you than pay a little more and get the 340i imo
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 12:09 AM   #90
Plimmie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i & X3 M40i

Garage List
After about 40k miles of driving I traded in my 2021 330e which I purchased new. That car was really great for daily use as well as road trips! I have even taken it autocrossing and it even did well there, although summer tires would have been better :-)

My new car is a 2024 M340i. I love that one more…
Attached Images

04-08-2024, 12:42 AM   #91
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plimmie View Post
After about 40k miles of driving I traded in my 2021 330e which I purchased new. That car was really great for daily use as well as road trips! I have even taken it autocrossing and it even did well there, although summer tires would have been better :-)

My new car is a 2024 M340i. I love that one more…
Do you mind sharing what you got for it? When I traded my '22 330e with 31k mi last November, my local BMW dealership offered me a ridiculous $24k for it. It's generally a bad sign if the same manufacturer dealership doesn't want the car on trade. They knew there was no way I'd take their offer. The dealership I did trade to gave me $33k. It also sat on their lot for quite some time after they bought it from me. I think the used market for hybrids/EVs is not very good.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 03:04 AM   #92
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / X3 / 330e / 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkinc View Post
Neighbor has a 2021 330e Xi. All good around town here in N VA. But on highway trips over 50 miles he observes miserable mpg. After the battery is depleted, he observes 5 gallons used in 50 miles on the highway. Repeatedly. This is impossibly poor. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Charlie
2014 335 Xi/Dinan mods but family has 330e in UK.
This can’t be right. That equates to 10 miles per gallon assuming your neighbor really uses up 5 gallons within 50 miles. Even when I’m on ICE only, I’m getting about 25-30 mpg with mixed city and highway use. Either they’re calculating this wrong or giving you bad data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_330e View Post
For some reason that little spoiler wasn’t included but I got my bmw dealer to include a different one that has a Matt finish as complimentary which was a pretty good outcome.

Also got it tinted and ceramic coated.
The trunk spoiler looks good! It would’ve been better if it was gloss black or similar paint color as the car though, instead of just matte (unless of course that’s how you wanted it). It’s a great addition regardless Post more pics when you can!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 08:46 PM   #93
Plimmie
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
Do you mind sharing what you got for it? When I traded my '22 330e with 31k mi last November, my local BMW dealership offered me a ridiculous $24k for it. It's generally a bad sign if the same manufacturer dealership doesn't want the car on trade. They knew there was no way I'd take their offer. The dealership I did trade to gave me $33k. It also sat on their lot for quite some time after they bought it from me. I think the used market for hybrids/EVs is not very good.
Yes, I got $24K. The BMW dealership I bought from, actually gave me the CarMax price and they said they were going to sell it to them….I think you’re right about the hybrid/EV used market.
      04-08-2024, 08:50 PM   #94
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plimmie View Post
Yes, I got $24K. The BMW dealership I bought from, actually gave me the CarMax price and they said they were going to sell it to them….I think you’re right about the hybrid/EV used market.
So essentially a 50% depreciation in 3 years, that's horrible. Something potential owners need to consider.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 09:00 PM   #95
Plimmie
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I guess it also depends on the market you’re in. Here in San Francisco Bay Area I see as many Teslas as Toyota Camrys. BMW 330e’s are not popular at all, although they are far superior to a Camry, and in my opinion also to any Tesla (/*can of worms opened*/)
      04-28-2024, 09:39 PM   #96
Jonesie
Rep
Drives: 330e

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Absolutely love mine. The torque of the electric motor masks any turbo lag and it feels fast. I do with it had more electric range.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 02:52 PM   #97
fortuneman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (2023, iDrive 8)

I have had it for just over 2 months and I am loving it so far. However, I am quite disappointed how many features don't work here in Slovakia (EU) though installed and paid for. I guess they want me to get into coding 🙂
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 11:26 AM   #98
moghm
Private
Rep
Drives: F20, 2012 120d

Love the car, surpassed my expectations. Handling is great far superior than the F30, quiet and even quieter when running on electric. It looks good, comfortable and fast. You just have to learn to drive it right i.e. u save in city on electric and its thirsty on the motorway, but combine it right and I can easily get 55+ to the gallon combined (assuming the bmw calculation is correct).
Cons@ display should split between petrol vs electric without the need to calculate manually, tank is small….not gonna gripe too much
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 04:17 PM   #99
Shaneartistry
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

BMW hybrids definitely depreciate more than their ICE counterparts. It’s the same with the X5 45e vs X5 40i.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 12:41 PM   #100
Gbak
Rep
Drives: Clubman S JCW

One thing i cant understand , lets say you started the 330e on sports mode , and you have full tank and full battery .
you drive a journey around 150 miles , during driving you keep pushing the car at sports mode , when the ev power ends? and if the battery is flat , you have only the hp coming from the engine ? or the electrical motor still engage despite the battery level .

Last edited by Gbak; 05-08-2024 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 02:28 PM   #101
johndoe1983
Eagle1
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Paint job is very thin, beware of tiny little scratches. As for the rest, I usually have between 32 and 48 km range. Same gaz tanks since 1 january, used less than 1 liter. Bye Bye petrol.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 02:37 PM   #102
gavinwong
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport

Garage List
2020 G20 330e  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbak View Post
One thing i cant understand , lets say you started the 330e on sports mode , and you have full tank and full battery .
you drive a journey around 150 miles , during driving you keep pushing the car at sports mode , when the ev power ends? and if the battery is flat , you have only the hp coming from the engine ? or the electrical motor still engage despite the battery level .
Can’t say I’ve tried your example of driving 150 miles in sports mode, but the battery does hold some in reserve for the extra boost feature to get the power of both the ICE and electric motor even when it shows 0km range. When you select sports mode, it also charges the battery a bit In preparation for you to floor it too
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 02:55 PM   #103
Gbak
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinwong View Post
Can’t say I’ve tried your example of driving 150 miles in sports mode, but the battery does hold some in reserve for the extra boost feature to get the power of both the ICE and electric motor even when it shows 0km range. When you select sports mode, it also charges the battery a bit In preparation for you to floor it too
Ok it sounds ok , but i pressume the electric motor produce the full power when needed 104hp plus the normal engine power all the time ,
and obviously you lost the xboost function for permanent use, as it is dedicated for 10 sec .
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 01:09 PM   #104
gavinwong
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 G20 330e  [9.75]
Quote:
Ok it sounds ok , but i pressume the electric motor produce the full power when needed 104hp plus the normal engine power all the time ,
and obviously you lost the xboost function for permanent use, as it is dedicated for 10 sec .
Yeah as long as there is charge, then it should be giving you 100%.
On paper, The combined power of both ICE and electric is a max of 298 bhp. I actually assumed that figure was when it was in sport and extra boost was being used. Without extra boost I’m not sure if it’s still the full 298 bhp. Maybe someone can clarify that.
Pre LCI models also have a battery hold setting, allowing you to tell the car to not drop below a certain charge level so that you always have the power of the electric motor
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 03:49 PM   #105
Gbak
Rep

Quote:
Yeah as long as there is charge, then it should be giving you 100%.
On paper, The combined power of both ICE and electric is a max of 298 bhp. I actually assumed that figure was when it was in sport and extra boost was being used. Without extra boost I’m not sure if it’s still the full 298 bhp. Maybe someone can clarify that.
Pre LCI models also have a battery hold setting, allowing you to tell the car to not drop below a certain charge level so that you always have the power of the electric motor
Nice thanks for your help , i got this b48 engine at my clubman s , but i'm on big dillema , go for the g20 330e 2020 plate or the safe way of mk7.5 Golf R , but again i remember my M140i shadow edition and i was in love with this car , so bmw it is a more emotional buy i think , but i'm not sure if 330e even tuned at 410hp(B48B20B) will cover the feeling i want , a bit concern also with the weight of the car , never driven a car so heavy before , and finally i had a nice reduced custom fees here in europe when imported from Germany cause of the hybrid.

Last edited by Gbak; 05-13-2024 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 04:54 AM   #106
Gbak
Rep

Lads , i got a copy of the car certificate , it is clearly visible the 20B engine . do you think i need a check from the engine bay ? or it is accurate from the paperwork ?

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 09:15 AM   #107
droid42
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340d

Quote:
If you start in Sport/Xtraboost and drive hard, the starting battery range will hardly change (it will go up and down +/- 1mi). It does this by doing aggressive regen as often as it can (using petrol when necessary), unlike the Hybrid/Electric modes which only regen on overrun and braking.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 10:59 AM   #108
Gbak
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid42 View Post
If you start in Sport/Xtraboost and drive hard, the starting battery range will hardly change (it will go up and down +/- 1mi). It does this by doing aggressive regen as often as it can (using petrol when necessary), unlike the Hybrid/Electric modes which only regen on overrun and braking.
ok now thats was a good explanation , so if you start and drive the car sport/xtraboost mode only , the battery ev range level does not affected lets say .
i dont care for fuel economy or ev use at all .

so under these conditions , if you drive the car at sport/xtraboost mode only , the electric motor always engage , apart the first 10 sec which is the full peak .

cause i checked some utube videoz , and they described that the car without the electric motor - 0 battery level , and only combustion engine is struggling perfomance wise , which is expected for 1750kg car and 190hp engine .

Last edited by Gbak; 05-14-2024 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 12:16 PM   #109
gavinwong
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 G20 330e  [9.75]
Quote:
Nice thanks for your help , i got this b48 engine at my clubman s , but i'm on big dillema , go for the g20 330e 2020 plate or the safe way of mk7.5 Golf R , but again i remember my M140i shadow edition and i was in love with this car , so bmw it is a more emotional buy i think , but i'm not sure if 330e even tuned at 410hp(B48B20B) will cover the feeling i want , a bit concern also with the weight of the car , never driven a car so heavy before , and finally i had a nice reduced custom fees here in europe when imported from Germany cause of the hybrid.
Yeah I don’t think you’ll get the feeling you’re after if you are comparing to a golf R or even the m140i. If you are adamant on a 3 series, then maybe the m340i is the one to look at. But my guess is you’ll pay a bigger import fee and also a higher price tag. I also imported my hybrid from Germany too, so know what you mean about the lower fees. And yes, it is heavier. I don’t mind it that way, but then I’m literally just cruising 90km round trips 3 days a week for 90% of my driving.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 01:40 PM   #110
Gbak
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I don’t think you’ll get the feeling you’re after if you are comparing to a golf R or even the m140i. If you are adamant on a 3 series, then maybe the m340i is the one to look at. But my guess is you’ll pay a bigger import fee and also a higher price tag. I also imported my hybrid from Germany too, so know what you mean about the lower fees. And yes, it is heavier. I don’t mind it that way, but then I’m literally just cruising 90km round trips 3 days a week for 90% of my driving.
Yes for instance , custom fees for a petrol engine TFSI Golf R it will be 5000-5500€ on top of the retail price and for a car of 2017 year .

On the other hand 330e 2020 model MPack , definitely more beautifull car and advanced tech , compare to golf mk7.5 .
import custom fee only 1400€ .

So there is no point to go for the VAG group for these extra fees , i'd rather get the 330e M pack and tune it 1st stage and some other mods . exhaust etc .. and i believe at the end of day i will be happy .

And as i mentioned before , i always aprreciate and like the BMW manufacter quality and design compare to the VAG group it's stands just on higher level.

and i believe if i wouldnt move out of the UK , i'll still got the M140i , after all my HP leasings i done .
from the GOLF R mk7 to audi S3 8v f/l , GOLF mk7.5 , then a good one M135i with N55 engine , and finally my black shadow edition M14Oi . b58 engine .

if i can achieve this famous gain for the 330e 20b engine 420hp .
and the 0-100 will be at least less than 5 sec .
it will be ok for me .
Appreciate 0