Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums EUROPE (Continental) Extended warranty

05-07-2024, 08:17 AM   #1
JMlux
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d 2020

Extended warranty

I just had the rather disappointing news from BMW Benelux that they would not offer me extended warranty on my 320d G20 at the end of the Premium Selection guarantee which has just expired (even though my car has only 32k km and is currently averaging around 5k km per year. The reason (excuse) was that I wasn't the first owner of the vehicle (it was owned by a local BMW dealership , the one where I bought it). I thought that was a bit stingy given the history of the vehicle.

That makes me a nervous owner given the amount of technology in these models.

Anyone else had a similar experience with BMW guarantees?

I'd be interested to know if any 3rd party insurance is available to those of us living out here?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 02:41 PM   #2
wratha
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 G26 430d xDrive

Hey JMlux,

I have a similar story here. I am buying 430d from Germany (I am from Slovakia) and was asking how does it work with the warranty and whether there is any warranty extension possible. At a local dealership I was told that only the standard 3 year warranty applies and there is no way how to prolong it. Sucks.
Appreciate 0