Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Next-gen 2019 BMW 3 Series (G20) prototype breaks cover! Spyshots Compilation

Closed Thread

06-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #155
InTheNightKitchen
Ignorance is Bliss?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 of Many

Although I can't fully tell and can't wait to see what it may look like. Due to the overall shape I feel this will be another cookie-cutter design. I don't like Nissan's or Lexus's current styling but at least they're taking risks. It's time for some game changing design.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #156
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Rumored details and technologies for the G20 include:

* Longer wheelbase
* Wider track
F30 3-Series = 5-Series wannabe

G20 3-Series = 7-Series wannabe
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 05:51 PM   #157
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver
The M340i designation appears to follow the success of the M235i. However, there is another trend here. With tightening efficiency rules the number of more powerful cars built is limited by forcing buyers to take a complete performance package at a higher price. No more mushbuckets with souped up motors.
What about the Focus RS? There are a lot of little less expensive cars out there with a lower price.

My car with pretty much all the M Parts stickered at 66k.. Not what I paid for it, but the cars on the performance end are never inexpensive.

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 10:53 PM   #158
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Shall we take bets on whether or not this thing will have rear incandescents?
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 10:54 PM   #159
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
There are a lot of little less expensive cars out there with a lower price.
On the flip side, there are a lot of more expensive cars out there with a higher price.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 11:14 PM   #160
DL3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHoTTa35
Looking good so far. As much as a love my F30, I will not miss the high hoodline.
About to order my "M" & that bubble hood really bugs me... You are definitely not alone bro.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 11:14 PM   #161
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
BMW has lots to do against the A4 and C-Class - most of it has to do with the aesthetics both exterior and interior, with emphasis on interior.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #162
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
BMW has lots to do against the A4 and C-Class - most of it has to do with the aesthetics both exterior and interior, with emphasis on interior.
The W205 C-class definitely stepped up the game in terms of interior and exterior design. Don't know if I can say the same about the B9 A4. Exterior is evolutionary and arguably less aggressive looking than the B8 A4/S4. I'm not a fan of the strip of vents/faux-vents going across the whole dash.

The B9's MIB2 system with the Virtual Cockpit, however, seems a class above. Looks like the G20 may have something similar from the spy pics. Or it could just be the same 6WB cluster that has trickled down, in which case would be a bit of a disappointment.

It sounds like the G20 might be approaching the size of the E60. BMW definitely needs something below the 3 then, hopefully with RWD.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 05:16 AM   #163
Devoin
Turkey
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320D M Sport Plus

So no more 320ied?
For more power we need to jump to 2.0cc B46 320i engine from 3.18i 1.5 136hp.There isnt a powerfull a good engine between.
The 1.6 170hp engine was a good choice for high taxes countries..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 05:57 AM   #164
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Looks e46ish, nice.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #165
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
There are a lot of little less expensive cars out there with a lower price.
On the flip side, there are a lot of more expensive cars out there with a higher price.
Hahaha. I meant higher hp. Like the focus RS, and Honda Civic R.

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #166
Mamyf30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30

I already want it
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #167
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
The W205 C-class definitely stepped up the game in terms of interior and exterior design. Don't know if I can say the same about the B9 A4. Exterior is evolutionary and arguably less aggressive looking than the B8 A4/S4. I'm not a fan of the strip of vents/faux-vents going across the whole dash.

The B9's MIB2 system with the Virtual Cockpit, however, seems a class above. Looks like the G20 may have something similar from the spy pics. Or it could just be the same 6WB cluster that has trickled down, in which case would be a bit of a disappointment.

It sounds like the G20 might be approaching the size of the E60. BMW definitely needs something below the 3 then, hopefully with RWD.
The C-Klasse is basically what it has always been. An S-Klasse shrunk down but when you step into a C-Klasse from the S-Klasse the differences are evident.
Such as you are confronted by real metal in the S-Klasse but in the C it is metal-coated plastic.

The Audi A4 sums up the erratic design thinking at VW Group today. There is no soul each as each VW brand are utilising the same design elements.
The Audi albeit evolutionary is barely recognise able from its predecessor.
The new A5 is visually awful and the Q7 looks like an enlarged Chevrolet Captiva. Even the R8 has lost its looks to try to incorporate angular elements which are extremely misplaced.

The new 3er will be a mixture of both evolutionary and revolutionary.
The C-Pillar is raked further a few inches therefore adding more typical BMW sport orientated outline to the car. The rear deck is always short as it has been and there is more three-dimensional surfacing adjoining the Character line that sitting diagonally looks like a triangular shape when all lines meet from the front wing,under the glasshouse and the rear light unit.

As well as the lower surface which like the 5er use an Air Breather on the wing but without a full length trim element like the BMW 7er and upcoming 5er Gran Turismo. The bonnet line is low and now extends to the grille, headlights are sleeker and utilise optional Laser Light Technology but the actual lenses become octangular. Headlights are sharper in overall unit shape and will showcase a new angular appearance.

At the rear the rear lights are thinner and placed higher on the bootlid. The actual L shape is longer with the placement of the main unit merging with the Character-line as it wraps around.

The interior heralds the introduction of the ConnectedDrive Interaction screen incorporating touch screen with Apps selection and gesture control which a wide screen sits at an angle to the driver from the passenger side.
Attached Images

06-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #168
Jashan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:

The C-Klasse is basically what it has always been. An S-Klasse shrunk down but when you step into a C-Klasse from the S-Klasse the differences are evident.
Such as you are confronted by real metal in the S-Klasse but in the C it is metal-coated plastic.

The Audi A4 sums up the erratic design thinking at VW Group today. There is no soul each as each VW brand are utilising the same design elements.
The new A5 is visually awful and the Q7 looks like an enlarged Chevrolet Captiva. Even the R8 has lost its looks to try to incorporate angular elements which are extremely misplaced.

The C-Pillar is raked further a few inches therefore adding more typical BMW sport orientated outline to the car. The rear deck is always short as it has been and there is more three-dimensional surfacing adjoining the Character line that sitting diagonally looks like a triangular shape when all lines meet from the front wing,under the glasshouse and the rear light unit.

As well as the lower surface which like the 5er use an Air Breather on the wing but without a full length trim element like the BMW 7er and upcoming 5er Gran Turismo. The bonnet line is low and now extends to the grille, headlights are sleeker and utilise optional Laser Light Technology but the actual lenses become octangular. Headlights are sharper in overall unit shape and will showcase a new angular appearance.

At the rear the rear lights are thinner and placed higher on the bootlid. The actual L shape is longer with the placement of the main unit merging with the Character-line as it wraps around.

The interior heralds the introduction of the ConnectedDrive Interaction screen incorporating touch screen with Apps selection and gesture control which a wide screen sits at an angle to the driver from the passenger side.
Just post a picture makes it easier for us ^^^
      07-02-2016, 01:46 AM   #169
acorradi87
Private
Rep
Drives: e39

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Shall we take bets on whether or not this thing will have rear incandescents?
+1 - When the e46 LCI had LEDs it was progress. When the e90 had incandescents pre-LCI then LEDs post-LCI it was a little silly. Then the same with the F30... come on BMW. If the G20 is also the same it's complete bullshit. I know it's minor but to me it's more indicative of the other stuff they purposely hold out.
      07-03-2016, 11:43 PM   #170
AKRAPOVICOWNS
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:

You did that sketch?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #171
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Update: August 8, 2016
Here's a first look at the G20 3 Series interior. From what we can see so far, the G20 interior is evolutionary, maintaining a similar center stack design and layout as in the F30. The biggest changes seen so far are the part physical / part digital instrument panel, and a more upright iDrive screen which appears to be positioned higher than the F30 screen.

BMW 3 Series (G20) Interior Spied

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
DeeKay553.00
      08-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #172
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

so it looks like the door lock is moving to the doors (which sucks) and seriously???? manual HVAC controls on a "Luxury Sedan"??? Thats the biggest hazards button ive ever seen

looks like the interior is mostly the same as the f30 except for the instrument cluster. looking pretty lazy to me
      08-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #173
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I like the instrument cluster.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #174
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Update: August 8, 2016
Here's a first look at the G20 3 Series interior. From what we can see so far, the G20 interior is evolutionary, maintaining a similar center stack design and layout as in the F30. The biggest changes seen so far are the part physical / part digital instrument panel, and a more upright iDrive screen which appears to be positioned higher than the F30 screen.

[bpgaltitle]BMW 3 Series (G20) Interior Spied[bpgalitem]http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...ots/8-8-16/BMW 3 series with interior 0.jpg[/bpgalitem][bpgalitem]http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...ots/8-8-16/BMW 3 series with interior 1.jpg[/bpgalitem][bpgalitem]http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...ots/8-8-16/BMW 3 series with interior 2.jpg[/bpgalitem][bpgalitem]http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...ots/8-8-16/BMW 3 series with interior 3.jpg[/bpgalitem][bpgalitem]http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...ots/8-8-16/BMW 3 series with interior 4.jpg[/bpgalitem][bpgalitem]http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...ots/8-8-16/BMW 3 series with interior 5.jpg[/bpgalitem][bpgalitem]http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...ots/8-8-16/BMW 3 series with interior 6.jpg[/bpgalitem][bpgalitem]http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...ots/8-8-16/BMW 3 series with interior 7.jpg[/bpgalitem][bpgalitem]http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...ots/8-8-16/BMW 3 series with interior 8.jpg[/bpgalitem][bpgalitem]http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...ots/8-8-16/BMW 3 series with interior 9.jpg[/bpgalitem][/bpgaltitle]
Pretty minor difference in the lower part - hope there is a bigger step than we can see at the moment

And yeah what's going on with manual aircon? Is that really still possible? Even on the F30 it shouldn't be possible
      08-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #175
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep
Drives: GTI | 982 4.0

Wow they managed to make it uglier. Awesome. Ugh.
The cluster is atrocious.

Honestly, both the cluster and the glossy plastics in the center stack look like they were lifted from a Honda.

The emergency flashers button is bulbous and fugly.

Maybe BMW senses that VW is vulnerable and is trying to overtake them as the Honda of Germany.
      08-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #176
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

I really hope those hvac controls are just for testing and not a move to cheaper looking controls. Hard to see any major differences otherwise.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread