Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 330e owners... how do you like the car?

09-05-2023, 02:06 AM   #67
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / X3 / 330e / 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
I've noticed it depends on what drive mode I'm in. In Sport the a/c kicks on immediately and is very cold. In hybrid, it's not as cold. Keep in mind we've had 100*+ days for the last couple months. The times I've received the a/c not available message was when my car was parked in my driveway in full-sun.
This is interesting. I'll definitely keep an eye out for that when we get ours. Maybe even do some tests and keep it out in the sun on hotter days to see if it'll do what yours did. It also depends on when we take delivery though it may be cooler in the year, since our CA said it'll probably be sometime in October when it'll arrive (:fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 12:22 PM   #68
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opic0 View Post
Do take a close look at the trunk space. If you're constantly hauling lots of cargo or taking multiple people to the airport, it may not be for you.
Yeah, good point -- but that's what's the X5 or even our older X3 is for Thanks for bringing it up!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 01:02 PM   #69
jcl78
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xDrive

I haven't experienced the A/C behavior mentioned, it always blasts ice cold, even in high 90's temps. In hybrid eco pro mode, it will throttle the A/C back, but haven't seen that in standard hybrid mode.

Overall, very impressed with the 330e in general, no regrets at all. My only nags have centered around the voice commands and nav not working all that well, but that is an ID8 thing, not a 330e only thing.
Appreciate 2
      09-08-2023, 08:35 AM   #70
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Rep
Drives: '23 AW i4 eDrive40 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl78 View Post
I haven't experienced the A/C behavior mentioned, it always blasts ice cold, even in high 90's temps. In hybrid eco pro mode, it will throttle the A/C back, but haven't seen that in standard hybrid mode.

Overall, very impressed with the 330e in general, no regrets at all. My only nags have centered around the voice commands and nav not working all that well, but that is an ID8 thing, not a 330e only thing.
FWIW, I noticed the same thing between throttling in hybrid eco pro vs standard hybrid when the battery was drained. I’ll have to test it if it’s the same case when the battery isn’t drained.
'20 Alpine White F97 ///X3MC
'20 Alpine White F39 ///X2 M Sport X
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 07:53 AM   #71
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl78 View Post
I'm probably going to bring the car in to get the a/c checked out. There has been a noticeable change in the interior cooling in my car over the last two weeks. Granted, afternoon temps are still in the 107-110 range when I leave work, but the car is not cooling the interior sufficiently in electric or hybrid mode during my 25-30 min drive home.

With temps in the 90s, I don't have any issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 03:56 PM   #72
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Finally took delivery of the new 330e this past weekend and love it so far! Thanks to all those that chimed in on all my questions including how to spec it out.

- Alpine white exterior / black interior / aluminum mesh trim
- M-sport
- premium package
- dynamic handling package
- DAPP
- shadowline package
- parking assistance
- HK sound system

First impressions:
Fit and finish is very nice. The M-sport trim looks aggressive and love the shadowline trim and blacked out 19” wheels to accentuate the sportiness. I love the new infotainment screen layout and iDrive 8.5. Ride is very smooth and felt very nimble considering it’s a PHEV. Handling corners is great and steering is super responsive — could it be due to the M-adaptive suspension and steering that comes with Dynamic Handling package? I was also very surprised to see the little //M badging on the front fenders and thought it only came on the M340 (or that it was even available for the US market). Anyone else with the 330e M-Sport have this on their fenders from the dealership/ factory? Once I get more time behind the wheel, I’ll post my feedback.

I’ll have better pics to share but these are the one I took while at the dealership. Mods to come even though this is the wifeys daily driver Lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-03-2023, 05:54 AM   #73
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundeyvoo View Post
Finally took delivery of the new 330e... I was also very surprised to see the little //M badging on the front fenders and thought it only came on the M340 (or that it was even available for the US market). Anyone else with the 330e M-Sport have this on their fenders from the dealership/ factory? Once I get more time behind the wheel, I’ll post my feedback.

I’ll have better pics to share but these are the one I took while at the dealership. Mods to come even though this is the wifeys daily driver Lol
That's the first I've seen of a non-M vehicle having M emblems on it. Even photos of '24 M340s for sale don't show any with M emblems on the fenders. Are you sure the dealer didn't add those during PDI?

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 12:59 PM   #74
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's the first I've seen of a non-M vehicle having M emblems on it. Even photos of '24 M340s for sale don't show any with M emblems on the fenders. Are you sure the dealer didn't add those during PDI?
Yeah good call out but I did ask my CA when I was there and he said it came from the factory that way. He then showed me a new M340 scheduled for pickup and it had it on as well. But he did confirm that it was not installed at the dealership.

The funny thing is there was also another 330e in M-Sport trim but without the bells and whistles, and it did not have the //M badging on the fenders. I pointed this out and the sales manager said that if it doesn't come with certain packages, it won't have that badging . He told me that it would have to be built with specific packages like full shadowline package and the Dynamic Handling package, which includes the adaptive M suspension and variable sport steering along with the staggered 19" wheels and performance tires. Not sure if that was the truth or just came up with that answer
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 01:17 PM   #75
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
He told me that it would have to be built with specific packages like full shadowline package and the Dynamic Handling package, which includes the adaptive M suspension and variable sport steering along with the staggered 19" wheels and performance tires. Not sure if that was the truth or just came up with that answer
That my be true, but I wonder which pkgs include the emblem? Mine has the MSport pkg and the shadowline pkg & staggered 19" wheels but came with a "powered by i" emblem on the charging port door. The difference must be the dynamic handling pkg.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 01:42 PM   #76
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That my be true, but I wonder which pkgs include the emblem? Mine has the MSport pkg and the shadowline pkg & staggered 19" wheels but came with a "powered by i" emblem on the charging port door. The difference must be the dynamic handling pkg.
Yeah, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they started doing it more for MY24 builds? But he did say that the Dynamic Handling package along with the others I mentioned has to be included for the emblem to be added instead of the "powered by i" emblem.

Wouldn't it be nice for BMW to just add it on there if you get the M-Sport package in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 04:51 AM   #77
BxRayRayNY
Registered
Rep
Drives: Kia k5

Can anybody comment on VSS (Variable Sport Steering) is it worth having. I added the Adaptive M Suspension with the Red Calibers separately but if I add the dynamic handling package it comes with VSS but there are mixed reviews about it so I'm not sure if I should add it or not?

I have none available to test drive unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 06:44 AM   #78
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Another thing to consider/keep an eye on is the electric range if you live in an area that gets colder temps. I noticed this last year and again this week as temps are in the upper 30's - low 40's, the electric range reduces significantly. I have 29k miles and drive the exact same route every day. My office is 14 mi away & every day if temps are above 60 degrees, I will get to my office with 12-13 mi range remaining. When temps dip below 50-45 degrees, I get to the office with 7-8 mi range remaining. Yesterday with morning temps of 35, I had 5 mi electric range remaining when I got to the office.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 08:02 AM   #79
jcl78
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xDrive

Agreed on the above Jabcat, here in Colorado, temps have dipped into the 20's, range suffers drastically. I expected a drop, but by my estimate, looks like a 25% reduction.

Last edited by jcl78; 10-31-2023 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 01:24 PM   #80
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRayRayNY View Post
Can anybody comment on VSS (Variable Sport Steering) is it worth having. I added the Adaptive M Suspension with the Red Calibers separately but if I add the dynamic handling package it comes with VSS but there are mixed reviews about it so I'm not sure if I should add it or not?

I have none available to test drive unfortunately.
I have this as part of optioning the Dynamic Handling Package with my build. There's only less than 300 miles on the new 330e so can't comment on it fully, but I can feel difference during slower speeds or at parking lots where smaller movement of the steering wheel results in a bigger turn of the tires / wheels. Basically more responsive steering with smaller gestures in tight places like parking lots and such. I haven't punched the gas pedal or taken it on spirited driving yet since it's still in the break-in period, but will share input once I do take it on higher speeds. From what my CA told me, at higher speeds the steering gets more direct / tighter and requires slightly less steering wheel movement while making it safer overall. Again, I'll still have to take it for a spin on a few twisties once break-in period is done, and will provide more feedback then.

One reason I ended up getting the Dynamic Handling Package was because I wanted the adaptive M-suspension, and for another $300-ish I could get VSS along with it. Seemed like a no brainer when spending this amount of money.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 09:08 PM   #81
sim_330e
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e Msport

Garage List
I bought my 330e Msport in all black trim. Loving it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      03-18-2024, 01:42 AM   #82
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_330e View Post
I bought my 330e Msport in all black trim. Loving it!
Congrats! Love the all-blacked out look. Would you consider blacking out your badges as well?

Looks good... have fun driving it!!
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2024, 11:44 AM   #83
Gamb1t
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i,X1,Z4,Solstice GXP, RX-8

What good timing. I am interested with a 330e. What's the long term ownership experience like?
Repairs?
We are anxious about the hybrid battery tech long term as we tend to keep our daily driver 8-10years.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 07:39 PM   #84
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
What good timing. I am interested with a 330e. What's the long term ownership experience like?
Repairs?
We are anxious about the hybrid battery tech long term as we tend to keep our daily driver 8-10years.

I've only owned it for the last 6 months and can't add to the long term reliability, but have definitely loved driving it. Haven't had any issues so far (*knock on wood*) but it's fairly early in terms of ownership. I'll let you know at least a year or so down the road.

Maybe others can chime in on their long term 330e experience?
Appreciate 1
Gamb1t598.00
      03-18-2024, 11:25 PM   #85
sim_330e
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats! Love the all-blacked out look. Would you consider blacking out your badges as well?

Looks good... have fun driving it!!
Maybe down the line ill black out the badges as well. For now its next mod is spacers, thinking of 12mm all around
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 11:41 PM   #86
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_330e View Post
Maybe down the line ill black out the badges as well. For now its next mod is spacers, thinking of 12mm all around
Very nice, that would make it look aggressive. Then maybe lowering it later down the road for an even more meaner look

Btw — did your 330e with the M-Sport package not come with the little trunk spoiler?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 02:12 PM   #87
henkinc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi MT

how can this be?

Neighbor has a 2021 330e Xi. All good around town here in N VA. But on highway trips over 50 miles he observes miserable mpg. After the battery is depleted, he observes 5 gallons used in 50 miles on the highway. Repeatedly. This is impossibly poor. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Charlie
2014 335 Xi/Dinan mods but family has 330e in UK.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 11:09 PM   #88
sim_330e
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Very nice, that would make it look aggressive. Then maybe lowering it later down the road for an even more meaner look

Btw — did your 330e with the M-Sport package not come with the little trunk spoiler?
For some reason that little spoiler wasn’t included but I got my bmw dealer to include a different one that has a Matt finish as complimentary which was a pretty good outcome.

Also got it tinted and ceramic coated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0