BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

05-14-2024, 08:48 PM   #45
DTMfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 997.1, G80 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_bimmer View Post
Haha me too. I refresh every chance I get now. Are you planning to keep the 997? That would be a nice combo with the G80.
I'm running out of garage space as the m3 is an extra car (same for the 997) It is a 05 997.1 6spd regular Carerra 6spd. 14,083 miles on it. I was planning to keep it forever. It is extremely clean and well taken care of. I'm very meticulous with my vehicles. The issue is with an active family that I don't drive nearly as much as I used to. I have to find random times to drive it that doesn't take away from valuable family time. That is why the m3 came into play. I've always wanted an m3 and it was the "it car" for me growing up. Last few years I was planning on an m2, but realized it would be just like the 997 from the aspect of not being driven much. Yes it has back seats, but lets face it, it is a pain to deal with trying to shuffle kids in and out. With the m3 it is a lot more usable and versatile with the family. I can bring the kids to school, run errands with them etc. I'll ultimately get a lot more use outta the car. Friends/fam have made very good offers for it, but I'm undecided on whether I store it to keep it or just trade/sell. I was fortunate that I basically stole the car buying it a few years before the covid run up in P car values.
Appreciate 2
      05-14-2024, 11:58 PM   #46
808M3HI
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3

DTMfan Totally understand the family logistics and dynamics....went through the same dilemma before deciding on the M3. There have been a few cars that I regret selling.....those were also cars that I thought I would keep forever. But at the time, it made sense and in hindsight......I should have kept them. Anyways, IMO, the question you need to ask yourself is, will you regret selling the 997 later on? Hope that helps.
Appreciate 2
DTMfan101.50
      05-15-2024, 09:36 AM   #47
shan_bimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMfan View Post
I'm running out of garage space as the m3 is an extra car (same for the 997) It is a 05 997.1 6spd regular Carerra 6spd. 14,083 miles on it. I was planning to keep it forever. It is extremely clean and well taken care of. I'm very meticulous with my vehicles. The issue is with an active family that I don't drive nearly as much as I used to. I have to find random times to drive it that doesn't take away from valuable family time. That is why the m3 came into play. I've always wanted an m3 and it was the "it car" for me growing up. Last few years I was planning on an m2, but realized it would be just like the 997 from the aspect of not being driven much. Yes it has back seats, but lets face it, it is a pain to deal with trying to shuffle kids in and out. With the m3 it is a lot more usable and versatile with the family. I can bring the kids to school, run errands with them etc. I'll ultimately get a lot more use outta the car. Friends/fam have made very good offers for it, but I'm undecided on whether I store it to keep it or just trade/sell. I was fortunate that I basically stole the car buying it a few years before the covid run up in P car values.
Ah man, such low mileage too. I love the 997 gen so much. But, yeah I get it with a family I don't drive my E39 M5 enough and it just sits outside which I hate. I am planning to sell two cars (M5 and Tesla Model S) and have the G80 as my daily. My dream car has always been a Porsche 911 but that ship has sailed for a while with the pricing now.

Current: 2002 E39 M5, 2022 Tesla Model S, 2023 MB EQS580 SUV, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Appreciate 1
DTMfan101.50
      05-15-2024, 11:07 AM   #48
DTMfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 997.1, G80 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_bimmer View Post
Ah man, such low mileage too. I love the 997 gen so much. But, yeah I get it with a family I don't drive my E39 M5 enough and it just sits outside which I hate. I am planning to sell two cars (M5 and Tesla Model S) and have the G80 as my daily. My dream car has always been a Porsche 911 but that ship has sailed for a while with the pricing now.
The 997 is just peak .. before all the digital craze. Modern enough, but just the perfect size / power/ package. I’ll miss it. I’ll be back in one some day.. I hope. It’s frustrating as these cars just keep getting more expensive and sought after.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 11:48 AM   #49
808M3HI
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3

Finally moved a few steps after spending 2 weeks in QC, car has been dispatched from the factory.
Appreciate 3