Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions BMW Ultimate Care+

02-25-2024, 06:12 PM   #1
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' 330i xdrive M Sport Shadow

BMW Ultimate Care+

So, I just purchased a used car through Carvana. It only has 24k miles, and when I registered it with the BMW app, it said I have Ultimate Care+ 2 for 5 years or 75,000 miles and the 50k manufacturer's warranty. Is this accurate? Does this transfer to me? I am the second owner, and the car is in immaculate condition.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 06:27 PM   #2
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

BMW website says Care+ is transferable only when bought/leased from a BMW dealer.

"BMW Ultimate Care+ is transferable to subsequent owners and lessees sold or leased by an authorized BMW Center."

Also the new car free maintenance since MY21 is non-transferable.

"BMW Ultimate Care coverage is not transferable to subsequent purchasers, owners, or lessees".

The 4 years/50000 miles new car warranty should stay with the VIN.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 06:32 PM   #3
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
BMW website says Care+ is transferable only when bought/leased from a BMW dealer.

"BMW Ultimate Care+ is transferable to subsequent owners and lessees sold or leased by an authorized BMW Center."

Also the new car free maintenance since MY21 is non-transferable.

"BMW Ultimate Care coverage is not transferable to subsequent purchasers, owners, or lessees".

The 4 years/50000 miles new car warranty should stay with the VIN.
That's what I initially thought too, but I saw some thread with conflicting information saying you can reactivate as long as you're within 3 years/36,000 miles for $100 or something. Also, it shows "active" in the BMW app, so I don't know.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 07:28 PM   #4
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfb8d View Post
That's what I initially thought too, but I saw some thread with conflicting information saying you can reactivate as long as you're within 3 years/36,000 miles for $100 or something. Also, it shows "active" in the BMW app, so I don't know.
I found this thread that says BMW has a "Refresh" program such that subsequent owners can pay $100 to refresh the 3 years/36000 miles Ultimate Care, and $700 to refresh the 3 years/36000 miles Ultimate Care +.

The refreshes can be done through the finance guys of dealers.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/bmw-f...-over/345244/6
Appreciate 2
      02-25-2024, 07:32 PM   #5
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Nice nice. So I guess no opportunity to refresh the 5 year 75000 that shows active on my bmw app? Also, what's the difference between ultimate care and ultimate care +
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 09:56 PM   #6
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Nice nice. So I guess no opportunity to refresh the 5 year 75000 that shows active on my bmw app? Also, what's the difference between ultimate care and ultimate care +
My guess is the 5 yr/75k ultimate care + refresh is possible but the price may be more than $700. The difference between ultimate care and ultimate care+ are wiper, brake pads, MT clutches, etc, etc, on top of ultimate care coverage.

You can check with your dealer finance guy for details. The following is a dealer's page about the program.

https://www.hendrickbmwcharlotte.com...-care-plus.htm
Appreciate 1
Halfb8d86.50
      02-26-2024, 06:50 AM   #7
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My guess is the 5 yr/75k ultimate care + refresh is possible but the price may be more than $700. The difference between ultimate care and ultimate care+ are wiper, brake pads, MT clutches, etc, etc, on top of ultimate care coverage.

You can check with your dealer finance guy for details. The following is a dealer's page about the program.

https://www.hendrickbmwcharlotte.com...-care-plus.htm
Sounds worth it to me considering how much bmw charges to have this work done. At 700-900 I might pull the trigger.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 07:01 AM   #8
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I guess my main question is, do I need to pay for refresh if the services already show active when logged into the bmw app?

Edit: Called my local bmw dealer and they said it shows active for the 75k but it is still under the previous bmw dealers name ( bmw from a different state) rep had no info about if it was transferable or not but some one from finance is going to reach back out to me with more info. Fingers crossed, they let me transfer it over even if there is a fee associated with that.

Edit: talked to finance. everything will carry over including ultimate care plus. Didn't have to pay a dime. Only needed to update the vehicle with my name because previous owner was still on it but service contract isn't under any individuals name so I am all set. Lucky.

Last edited by Halfb8d; 02-26-2024 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 03:08 PM   #9
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I guess my main question is, do I need to pay for refresh if the services already show active when logged into the bmw app?

Edit: Called my local bmw dealer and they said it shows active for the 75k but it is still under the previous bmw dealers name ( bmw from a different state) rep had no info about if it was transferable or not but some one from finance is going to reach back out to me with more info. Fingers crossed, they let me transfer it over even if there is a fee associated with that.

Edit: talked to finance. everything will carry over including ultimate care plus. Didn't have to pay a dime. Only needed to update the vehicle with my name because previous owner was still on it but service contract isn't under any individuals name so I am all set. Lucky.
That is great news. Yeah BMW is adamant about the name on the contract these days.
Appreciate 1
Halfb8d86.50
      02-26-2024, 05:55 PM   #10
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That is great news. Yeah BMW is adamant about the name on the contract these days.
It is. I got lucky for once! It will be nice to just bring the car to the dealer to get it serviced and not have to worry about it for the next few years at least. A tune-up and brakes are already out of the way when it comes up, which is clutch.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 06:52 PM   #11
sky-raptor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:

Hey curious to know what dealer you worked with to do the transfer? I’m trying to track a dealer down but been having a bit of a tough time getting one to call me back. Thanks!
Appreciate 0