View Single Post
      08-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Whomever said Rossi, et al are getting "too old" to race should talk to one Mr. Jeremy McWilliams.

He is set to make a one-off GP appearance in Moto2 at Silverstone. And he's 50.
It's never too late...

"The reason that I'm doing this is that I got the test on the bike and they asked me nicely if I'd be prepared to help them and get the bike up to speed in a very short space of time and if I was willing to race it. The rider that they had dropped out so it kind of left them in a sticky situation so I agreed to go and test the bike at Mallory Park and I was pleasantly surprised with how we got on.

"I can't say by any means that we're there yet but we've got a good starting point and if we can move forward with that for the test next week and then onto the race at Silverstone we might have something that we'd be able to race with. They've done a lot of racing with this bike in the States so it's not as if it's completely brand new.

"They've been doing some test and development work over there with a rider that I know and he gave some confidence because he's been able to ride and race the bikes in the States and had some degree of success on it. I got onto the bike and I really liked it so it's just gone from there. It's been a whirlwind because we really had to make a decision in a short space of time and I based that decision on having another test next week with the team."

Appreciate 0