View Single Post
      02-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #178
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

I want a light, nimble car with no turbo but good low end torque

So I've got this disease called car switchitis and I am looking to make a move out of my 2016 Cayman S. I had a 2014 cayman S before and so this spring will essentially be three years with the same car which is a long time for me

Looking to this forum for good suggestions on my next move.

Anyhow,here's my gearhead profile/parameters:
I like small compact, light, nimble cars (I had a c7 for 3 weeks and didn't like its size)
I don't like turbos and turbo lag (don't tell me it doesn't exist much anymore coz it does)
I like low end torque. I am not the guy who keeps the revs up and drives above 4000 rpm all the time. In a city it's hard to find space to really rev a car out. I tend to drive my cars off idle to maybe 4500 rpm. I like a good push in the back in that area. This is why back in the day I chose an mx6 mystere over a prelude with its peaky vtec.
I want a manual.
I want a newish car under OEM/CPO warranty.
I am looking to spend max 80k cdn.

when I look out there, I think what I am lookin for is the proverbial automotive unicorn, doesn't seem to exist

the only cars that come to mind are the audi s5 and the f type coupe manual, but not sure either really qualifies as light and nimble...

any other suggestions?
Appreciate 0