View Single Post
      06-17-2016, 07:35 AM   #823
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Biggish update in the first post. Enjoy.
Thank you for your extremely informative and valuable contributions.

I did a little clean-up on the OP to try and make the information as organized as I could. If anything is not to your liking, please do not hesitate to edit as you see fit.

To me one of the bigger tidbits in your most recent update is the confirmation of an X2 M35i. Most significantly, this indicates that BMW is finally putting serious effort into high performance iterations of the B46/B48. It will be interesting to see if they follow up with even more power (S48?) to take on Mercedes and Volvo who are quickly headed toward 400hp with their 2L turbocharged engines.

By the way, any thoughts on the surprising (to me, anyway) announcement from BMW NA of an MY2017 F10 M5? The big question to me is, will they now allow it to be produced past 10/16, signaling a new strategy whereby M products are allowed to live on beyond the series counterpart? This is theoretically possible since the new F90 M5 won't be ready until MY2018 at the earliest, and perhaps it will even be called an MY2019 depending on its exact release date.
Appreciate 0