View Single Post
      03-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #1528
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigymix View Post
It may technically be on the short list of things you could POSSIBLY get away with - I highly doubt you'd be able to convince a jury of your peers that breaking someones nose deserved death - UNLESS - after the broken nose, the aggravator continued without hesitation. At that point I would say you'd have reason to suspect they weren't going to stop and as puny as the bones are - fists can be deadly weapons, so.. eh... it's a toss up.

You'd no doubt lose your weapon/firearm license suspension/hold (possibly for a long time), probably see a night or two in a cell depending on your access to a lawyer or connections in the state/city/town/parish/etc.

In that situation I'd be extremely hesitant to pull (hostile, probably alcohol involved, etc) let alone fire but I was not there and do not know the specifics so I can't say for sure. It's all a judgement/gut instinct/education/knowledge call, and you can only hope that if you're ever in the situation to have to make that call, you make the right one.

Edit: Damn I guess I should've fully read your great posts Mr. Tonka - as I basically just turned into an echo chamber for you.
No no. Read what I wrote above it. I was asking can you draw your weapon to subdue a criminal until the police get there in the scenario like last night when Camp was assaulted. I wouldn't even think about killing someone for that but I sure as hell wouldn't let him run away free if I could hold them there myself
Appreciate 0