View Single Post
      12-01-2018, 06:18 AM   #288
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
I basically view the negative trolls like occupy Wall Street... "occupy Bimmerpost"... a bunch of overly vocal haters who will stop at nothing to have their voice heard just because the world didnt coddle them, exactly how they wanted bmw to build the car or some design element they personally don't prefer

Eventually they will disperse as the car gets closer to production and they run out of hot air. the conversation on site will evolve to typical discussion... pricing, build issues, driving impressions, modding, etc. just have to wait them out. They huff and they puff and..... bmw hits it's sales targets

The G20 is obviously an evolution of the f30 themes and clearly fits into the current bmw design language. The photos next to the new z4 are the best examples of that

I get not liking it and not wanting to buy one for yourself but the blanket statements about "losing their way the car being horribly ugly" are absurd exaggerations
Audi trolls maybe : )

Or, just pull BMW from the US altogether. You’ll be fine with your G20s, Q70s and Giulias - already all the sports sedans you’ll need, as well as M-B and the domestics. BMW may still be popular around the rest of the world and doesn’t get power-trolled on other forums; but given the actual sales volumes decline NA generally, would it really hurt if BMW just... stopped altogether. At least it’s sports sedans, just leave it to make trucks and EVs specific to that market.

Hey, I’m not saying it *should* can its passenger cars, just asking the question in light of the unique abuse they seem to be getting on US forums.
Appreciate 0