Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Or something that is difficult to remove quickly. Break up sex is real son.
oh? fingers slightly crossed but im not sure if i want to stay involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGatsby View Post
Alright gentleman, I am in need of some sound advice.

I have been with a girl for the last year, and we have a phenomenal relationship. We are extremely healthy together. We rarely get jealous, and have a lot of trust. Our arguments solely consist of what show we are going to watch or where we are going to eat. We see eye to eye on the big picture stuff, and thoroughly enjoy our time together. We truly are great together and both share these same feelings. And man she is sexy.

Here's where it gets tricky. She is from South Africa. She came here for school 3 years ago, and just finished up her studies. Her student visa is running out and by December she will have to go back, unless we get married. She has been very up front with me about her situation and what needs to happen for her to stay. I do love this girl, and see myself marrying her in the future, however this time sensitive pressure is starting to really get to me. I am 22 years old and did not see myself getting married at such a young age. She has made it very evident the marriage isn't solely for the green card, as she does want to build a life with me. I have no doubt this is the truth.

My main concern lies in the fact that things are so good right now, I don't want to jump in to a marriage and have it mess up what we have. We would need to start the marriage process within the next few months in order for her to stay, and I have been hesitant. I am not really sure where to go from here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGatsby View Post
I still like to play with toys, but my toys have been significantly upgraded. From hot wheels to E92 M3. From stopwatch to Panerai. etc.

In regards to half my assets, we have actually discussed if we were to go through with this, we would have a prenup to insure no issues. she even went as far as to write a clause that if the marriage ends prior to a certain time-frame (2-3 years) I would be heavily compensated. She suggested this is to make it certain that she is not in it for the green card.
AHA - here's some counter perspective for you. im on a F1 visa studying in america, but I wouldn't get married for papers or for any other reason when im straight out of college.

even if not much right now is depending on it, you know? all i pretty much "have" under my name is my car, computer, phone and watch (fellow paneristi, nice. my graduation gift was a 560). I hope/work so that it doesn't stay as those. so financially i'd be out about $10k which isn't terrible in the bigger scheme of things but so much stuff depends on it it's not really a gamble i'd take. Hell, a few pages back I said one of my friends would marry me if I bought her a $70k range rover...

don't know her degree, but for STEM based people there's a 2 year extension OPT. and naturally i cant know the background of either of you, but one of my buddies was super psyched because her gf started studying here, they even signed a lease for next year together. now it's not really going well, but this is a guy that said he also foresaw the future with her...

i'd vote a big NO on this situation. not because of anything like "she tryna trick you for papers bro" but more because getting married at 22. read that sentence out loud again please! we have a long life ahead of us my dude, i'm not saying be like me and complain to a bunch of BMW enthusiasts about ghosting girls but I also feel like 22 is just too young.
Appreciate 2
MrGatsby348.00