First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
The weight isn't that close. The m340i weighs around 3800 lbs and the Supra weighs around 3300. Are the two cars geared similarly? Tires might also be a factor.

The fact that the z4 isn't closer to the Supra is strange, but the z4 in the above video is a convertible, adding a lot of weight to the car.
They said in the video that the weight difference is really not gonna make a difference it's so close or something like that.. like 40kilos... 88lbs.... it's basically a tenth for every 100lbs...

but I did see 12.5 for the M340i... which isn't bad but I'd rather it be 12.0 you know what I mean...
I think the Supra in this video has the 335bhp version of the B58 engine, not the 382bhp version that the M340 gets (but might be wrong). That's why they are very surprised at the time it turns in, and hypothesize that it actually has more power than Toyota is advertising.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the 12.5sec being quoted for the M340 xdrive was from an old Car Wow video where it is running against an M2C. And they put the M340 on the damp side of the track. When you watch the video it launches slower than the M2C, so there is some time lost in that launch.
Appreciate 1
Ilyam5900.00