View Single Post
      07-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #63
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Isn't that highlighting the speed range where many of us drive a high percentage of our miles?

Agree we need to consider our own particular driving situation. I know (for me) adaptive definitely improves my BMW in the more challenging conditions I drive day to day. I've spent time in another part of the UK, adaptive would not be so important, as the roads are much better and it's easier to live with a passive sport suspension.
Exactly. My typical daily driving takes me on mostly well maintained roads and the passive suspension performs wonderfully. However, there’s winding backroads near my house that are poorly maintained that I took the other day to test the suspension. This is where I developed my observation about the suspension being too punishing in the 35 to 55mph range on consistently bumpy roads. To be honest, I couldn’t wait to get off the road. If I lived something where I was surrounded by poorly maintained roads, I would opt for the active suspension. Now that I’m reading my own words, this is sort of common sense.
Appreciate 0