View Single Post
      08-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinewhite3 View Post
The base 330i RWD needs to come with some beefier tires. 225/45/18 is a major letdown in 2019 for the king of sports sedan. The Volvo S60 I test drove had 19 inch 235/40/19 Pirelli P Zero's. Come on BMW, you did all that work with the steering/suspension and you couldn't give us ultra high performance all seasons? I think the car would feel and handle 15-20% better just by swapping tires. **Make sure to check and adjust your PSI** Mine came with 30 front/35 rear and the car felt horrible. Changed to 40 rear and 38 front and this is what this review is based off of.
Good review.

Is the steering precision influenced by the tires? What have you got fitted? A decent UHP summer tire could be completely different.

Are you sure the front pressure isn't a bit too high and contributing to the darting feel? Other factor could be it requires a slight front toe adjustment.

My E91 had that vague mid-center feel from new, (that was hydraulic steering). Partly the run-flat tires, plus the front toe needed tweaking to eliminate the feeling.
Appreciate 1