09-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #888
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
I get why so many are upset over the grill...but to think sales are going to fall flat? I mean, really? Highly doubt that will happen. In all reality...they will probably rise, controlling for possible negative economic conditions in the 2-4 year horizon.

If you look at the outgoing M4 in an abstract sense, you can almost actually see these lines coming. To be honest, I think the loss of the kink is a bigger deal than the grill. It is a major departure that allows BMW to totally shift design language in that part of the car. That said, I do think the side of the car looks quite good, though it does almost seem like what I'll call a M8stangaro. (Mustang, 8 series, camaro blend).
It's like the guys/girls who break up with their significant others/spouses and exclaim with confidence, "You'll never be happy, nor will you ever find anybody better than me!!!! I'm the best thing you ever had!!!"....

....only for that person to find happiness in someone better.

BMW will be just fine. They've already accounted for the potential losses, but new customers will fill that void. If you lose some resistant older customers, but replace them with more progressive customers with fresh eyes, you win. As a business BMW is doing the right thing by moving into this new realm.
Appreciate 3
solstice5459.00
JTO245280.50
BMWRL596.00