View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #17
NeverEnough007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i & 1991 Mtechnic E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta5 View Post
I'm pleased to confirm that the OEM 18" 796M set will indeed fit a M340i with the HP Tire & Cooling (ZTK) package.

Ordred them from my dealer. Took 4 business days to arrive. $2,4xx out the door, including dealer installation and storing the off-season tires. I've only driven on them for about 25 miles, but the ride quality is improved. Especially with temps in the 50's today, the P4S's were getting hard. Less crashy over bumps, and feels just as responsive in normal driving. Smooth and quiet at 75+. I'm very happy with the results.

Before (yesterday), 19" 792M with Summer Michelin PS4S...

Front...

After, 18" 796M with Pirelli Sottozero...

Front rotors don't look much different than with the 19's. Calipers are close but they're no tighter than with the 792M's.
You sure you have the cooling package? The brakes look the same as the m340i sport brakes. If I had known 18" would fit, I would have ordered cooling package which comes without the spare. Instead, I had to pull all that crap out, store it in my basement, and spend $300 on a new floor liner for the trunk. And I didn't even get the additional cooling or even larger brakes! BMW does a poor job explaining packages.
Appreciate 0