Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack View Post
I've only driven a G20 for a few minutes, but going from a 440i to a 330i seems like a significant downgrade other than the tech.
Yeh, fair point, the test drive will tell
I test drove a Z4 30i and thought that the engine suited the car well.
The 330i is a fair bit lighter than the M340i so I'd expect the improved handling to compensate for the lower power to some degree
I like my 440i with the MPPSK a lot. The opportunities to drive it hard and exploit the power however are few and far between these days, so that's another reason I was considering the 330i.
We'll see
I've read it a lot here that the 4 cylinder model handles better due to lighter weight, especially toward the front of the car. In my experience though, I've not found that to be true. The 340i might be heavier, but the extra torque and power more than makes up for whatever extra weight there is. If anything the 4 cylinder cars feel heavier in a straight line to me due to slower acceleration, and if the suspension is the same they handle similarly to the I6 models on a windy country road.

The 4 cylinder cars are fine, but I wouldn't expect them to necessarily handle better.
Appreciate 1
Ilyam5900.00