View Single Post
      01-08-2020, 04:24 PM   #50
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Not planning on starting a new thread since there’s already one here (and g20beam has moved on to BM3).

I got my JB+ today. Huge shout out to Mike@x-ph who has been extremely helpful in more ways than one (answering ALL my PMs on time, sending out the JB+ ASAP and refunding my money for the BM3 tune).

Installed the JB+ after opening it to check if the arrow was as in all the PDFs I’ve seen online (it wasn’t. It was like how g20beam said it was in his - arrow was pointed to the brighter blue dot (towards the right when you look at the JB+ from bottom up) just above the max, not straight up pointed to the middle dot of the three bright blue dots).
Before installation, I followed the PDF to a T. I opened the hood, left the car locked and put the key away for more than an hour to let the ECU go to sleep and prevent any error codes being registered by the ECU if it didn’t go to sleep. As luck would have it, I managed to break the clip on the wiring harness of the TMAP sensor (looks like the Bimmer gods absolutely don’t want me to mess with this car) when I tried to unplug it. Luckily, it clips on perfectly to the JB+ and even stays in place. A quick google showed that quite a few people have managed to break it trying to install a piggyback. For the time being, I’ve left it as is since the clip locks into place.

Started the car after praying to all the Gods I knew. Luckily, no drivetrain error or CEL popped up.

Backed the car out of the garage and I could notice a difference (which I thought was a placebo effect). Drove it around a bit and I definitely noticed the increase in power. Car definitely pulls harder than stock. Drove it around in sport mode for a bit and surprisingly, sport didn’t feel as jerky as it did in stock. I only drove it for a mile or two but the difference is obvious. I need to drive her around a bit more for the piggyback to adapt (if that is a thing). But yes. Initial impressions are positive.

I’ll also check the sport gauge and see if it registers more power compared to stock (my stock went upto ~255hp at full throttle).

One thing I feel is that the 330i (base) needs better brakes, especially if it has a bump in power.

TL;DR - If you’re looking at getting a bump in power for a couple hundred $$s, JB+ is the way to go. It can also be used as a stop gap before you decide on getting a proper tune but you’re worried for some reason
Appreciate 1
hamzag20557.00