Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 340i, m240i, M2C, m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA1 View Post
2017 M240i. Best car I ever had. Even better than the M2c that I had for a brief stint. I had to go with the M340i due to the updated tech, interior, power. But, I'll definitely be going back to the updated M240i once that gets released. It's just a better driving machine, and I really appreciate its size. Sorry, but the M340i is too big, but it's still a nice car.
I haven't driven an M240 but curious on your thoughts on why you consider it better than an M2c.
Don't get me wrong, the M2c is a fantastic car, and pound for pound, is a better car vs the M240i. It's biggest strength was that the whole driving experience was amped up by a factor of 5x. But that can get very tiring when used as a daily. It's way too tail happy and can be an overall jerky ride (and that's true for all M cars). Bottom line, it's a true track car, and less a daily car. On the other hand, the M240i was just a better overall package. Above excellent dynamics, power, torque, etc. But above all, it was more tame and easier to drive on a daily basis (for me at least). Weird, but the only thing I didn't like in the M240i was the shitty carpeting (for some reason BMW does not give a lot of love for that car—by design of course). In my opinion, the "M"-type 2-series cars are the best cars in BMW's lineup, no exaggeration.
Appreciate 1
Ikester192125.00