hamzag20
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i, BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzag20 View Post
Yup lol it was you. I'm super confused between a JB+ and Bootmod3. I want Bootmod3 really badly however ur story has haunted me. It scares me even more because my car's a lease too. I don't know if it's worth it to get a tune considering I'm on a lease but I feel like my stock car needs more power. I'm also hoping Bootmod3 can make my car sound better. I feel like ur battery might've died while you were flashing ur car maybe?
Nope. Battery did not die. The car refused to start saying it was parked on an incline and that it was in gear. When both were not true (car was parked on absolutely level ground in my garage and it was in P as show on the dash and gear selector). And it happened right at the end of the flashing process (after around 95%). I did some digging around with the help of g20beam and we found that someone had the exact same issue I had on their M2C (right down to what it said when it was being flashed). In his car, they said it was because the software was the updated one by BMW wherein they’re making it harder to flash cars via obd alone and it needs to be bench flashed first.

Someone else who knows a bit about BMWs said cars post mid-2019 had the updated software (not sure how true it is but in my case that might be it). My car was manufactured in 08/2019.

I messaged a few people who had BM3 tunes on their cars and both their cars were early model cars (very early 2019 and early 2018). Which as probably why they were successful. I have not come across anyone else with a newer car that is running BM3.
Ah, hopefully it's just a production date thing bc I had one of the first G20's in the US (mine being produced in late 2018) so hopefully I don't run into any issues. However, I want to be confident that it's just production date issues and not any other issues. Also, after deciding my car I was able to find out it's a B46d and not B48 so hopefully i don't run into issues bc of tht either. Super confused rn lol
Appreciate 0