02-22-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
ArchJR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 i4 xDrive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
In 2 weeks, I'll be able to order a 330e here in the US. For those that purchased or leased the G20 330e in Europe or elsewhere, are you pleased with your 330e and would you do it again? Or would you go full-on electrification for a Tesla Model 3, perhaps?

My commute is 11 miles each way, I can charge my electrified vehicle for free all day long when it is parked for work. My new garage under construction will have 220 volts for rapid charging. I am idealistic enough that unlike Trumpenfuhrer I care about the environment and I would like to see humanity avoid extinction. I want to avoid having the descendants of my two wondeful grandchildren flying off to Mars to avoid mass extinction here on our small planet. I recognize that to do so they will have to pay Mars residency rights to Trump's descendants.
I am considering the same choices to replace my 540i next year. I rented a 330i for a week and quite like it, especially how nimble and light it feels, and would consider "downgrading" to a 330e since the interior is close enough to luxury for me. This week I drove a Model 3 for a few days and am torn. I love the tech and can embrace the spare interior, but the ride quality is awful. It feels nothing like the Model S (with it's air suspension).
Appreciate 0