02-23-2020, 11:12 AM   #9
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
My first choice from an energy point of view is the Tesla Model 3. Black exterior with 19" BBS aftermarket wheels and tires, and de-chromed with 3M vinyl wrap. RWD Drive. $5,000 down. $492 per month lease. Minus energy cost savings of $110 per month. Plus $2500 for aftermarket wheels and tires plus de-chrome for $1,000. Equals $5,000 down and $480 per month. The wheels and dechrome skew the cost per month once that is included along with energy savings. Guestimate summary My first choice from an aesthetic point of view is 530e M Sport Black Sapphire Metallic Paint with Cognac Leather. Projected costs based upon 330ix financials and projected 330e cost. $6000 down, $565 per month minus projected $90 per month energy savings. $475 per month projected net. Lease terms for both 30,000 per year.

The other option is the Accord Touring 2.0T internal combustion engine. $4,000 down $470 per month including BBS aftermarket wheels.

I am leaning toward the BMW 330e xDrive. The aftermarket wheels and de-chroming of the Tesla skews things to the BMW. I will finalize the decision after the 330e lease pricing comes out in early March.
My biggest problem with the 330e, and what drove me to the 530e, was the Dakota leather. Opinions vary and everyone has one but I don't like the Dakota leather and when I was making my purchase I didn't have time for an individual leather order.

I can tell you that while I would never object to more power, I have had adequate power on my old 330e and my current 530e including passing on a steep hill on a road with a 65 mph speed limit.

I had the msport suspension on my old 330e and my wife hated it, with a vengeance. That is part of the reason that I went for the dynamic suspension on my 530e. Make sure that you test drive the cars with anyone you care about who will be in the car often with the suspension and seats you are contemplating (yes...the forum is filled with folks who hated the seats they got while others loved the same seats).
Appreciate 0