Private First Class
Georgia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 e92m

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21-M340i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioM3 View Post
I need to switch from two to one car, I currently have e92 M3 manual and f31 diesel, I can't decide used f82 M3 Competition manual or g20 M340i, After reading endless reviews of both cars, still nowhere near the decision, nobody talks about g20's active steering, I remember e60's active steering was horrible, any comments about steering?
Not noticed an issue but I don’t use the sport setting (which adds artificial weight and just feels weird).

The F82 M3C is an all time great and will remain desirable for a long time - more so than the E90 did IMO. One of the best looking cars ever made. The G20 makes it feel very old, though as an ownership experience (which is fine but noteworthy). The chassis and the grip levels on the new car mean you can basically keep your foot in whatever the bend, in a way I probably wouldn’t have in the M. It’s very useable and very, very quick. But, it’s much more refined than the M and in non Sport mode, just feels like a comfortable cruiser. Think C43, rather than F30 340i.

So in reality, can’t go wrong with either. Depends what you want from a car on a day to day basis. Drive both... I’d say going off the M340, the next M3 is going to be incredible, just a shame it’s be hideous looking.
Thanks for advice, I don't even wanna consider f30 340i and c43 is completely out of the question, it's f80 M3c manual or g20 M340i, if M340i was manual rwd, then I'd go for it, but it isn't and I can't afford new M3.
Appreciate 0