View Single Post
      03-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #15
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xacoffeemx View Post
I had adaptive suspension in my past vehicle and this time I don't have it in my M340i

I likewise had big regrets in the early stages of the ownership, but these days I actually have started to like not having the option of changing the suspension options. It drove me nuts at times having the option because I could never decide which setting I want the car to be on and it was a constant switching between the configuration.

I think I already play with the settings of casual/sport individual/sport+ option too much and adding another variable would make me even more indecisive, haha.

This is just my personal experience, but I think I enjoy the drive more with less configurable options now.
I opted for the fixed suspension also and had some preliminary regrets at first. When I test drove first with adjustable suspension, I thought it just wasn’t worth the premium. My old is350 had adjustable suspension and I found the difference to be largely negligible most of the time and I always kept it in sport setup. But when I took my fixed suspension home, I found it to be pretty rigid and bumpy. Fast forward 8 months and 4K miles and I have absolutely no complaints and find it to be the perfect mix of sport and comfort. So either the shocks/suspension have broken in and become less aggressive or I have mentally adjusted (probably a little bit of both). So no regrets for me with the fixed suspension.
Appreciate 0