View Single Post
      04-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #19
TrollingCavalier
Private
Rep
Drives: 535i & x5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
It seems to me that he doesn't know vs he doesn't care therefore I pointed him to do some research to better understand the differences in these cars.

I do agree with you that his requirements are very simple and many cars can meet them regardless of what's under the skin.
Now here is a thing, as an almost "life long" BMW driver, I drove the f10 535i at the age of 17(the very first car I drove after I got my license), the g05 x5. Before that, when I was small, my dad had an e60 530i (or 535? 540? can't remember now). Yea I drove that as well. (Don't ask me why I drove a car at the age of like 12)

The thing is, as a driver that ONLY drove BMW before, I do not know what other car's "Handling" is like.
Plus I really don't see the extra "handling" you guys referred to, is really that useful on the public road. I won't be doing tracks, and as any other driver on the road, I use indicators to change lanes, never done something overly aggressive.

Is this, the "ultimate driving machine" really really that necessary with all that rear steering, anti-roll, stabilization on PUBLIC roads?
I am not cutting into a corner at a speed of 100km or above, and no I am not dive bomb anybody to experience how all of that fancy "handling" power can give.

Plus I never ever had a moment in my life, that actually appreciates how good the BMW drives. (Probably I should try the e300L (yes, that long wheelbase Benz aimed for the Chinese market) if I get the chance, then I probably will start to understand how BMW is really good at handling.)

So, as a non-typical young BMW driver, I do not drive like an asshole.
I probably would just floor the thing once in a while, but that's about it. I don't need to drive it like I stole it on the public road, and neither do any of you guys.

So please tell me, who as a young driver that only drove BMWs in his life, why would I need this "handling" performance?
Appreciate 0