04-07-2020, 10:10 PM   #64
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Get MPE. obnoxious sound is not how I'd describe a factory exhaust option.
I changed my mind I'm finding it harder and harder NOT to keep engine in Sports Plus! It just sounds RIGHT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
hehehehe...I will consider it again, promise!

Congrats again for your new ride!

Let me know if ever miss your E90
Thanks! What I'm missing from the E90 is the mechanical feel. And as fast as the paddles are, it definitely feels weird that my left leg has nothing to do, and every shift feels exactly the same, like clockwork. No more games rev-matching or seeing how fast and smooth you can shift.

This is a good reason to keep transmission in Sports Plus, because the harshness of the shifts reminds you that YOU are shifting! Will have to see if I still feel this way in a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriver85 View Post
Just curious, did you consider getting rid of the wife, instead of a stick shift vehicle?

J/k, looks great and good luck with your new whip, and thanks for the history of the previous cars, the look awesome as well, especially that E46!
Thanks, she's too well equipped to give up so easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
Enjoyed this! I learned stick in my first BMW back in 2004. Also a black E46. I still miss that car. Also like you, I kept my most recent shifter knob from my F30 6MT though I keep it on my desk as opposed to my glove compartment.
That's awesome! Pics?
Appreciate 1
Pentium184.50