View Single Post
      05-15-2020, 11:02 PM   #10
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
I've now had the car for around 6 weeks and have had a few issues with the fitment of the OEM aero kit. Of course, none of this has reduced the thrill of driving such a excellent machine.

The rear spoiler should fit flush along its entire length but was not fitted correctly and lifted at both ends.

The CF Splitters at the front were a good idea due to the subtle look but do not work aerodynamically on their own. They did not allow airflow around and tended to trap air and debris, making them impossible to clean.
See photos below.

The aero kit was provided by my dealer free of charge so I did feel a little guilty when I asked to have the front end replaced with a one piece spoiler. The dealer was excellent and did not hesitate.

I did not feel guilty asking for the rear spoiler to be refitted. This was done at the same time without question. Unfortunately, in bright sunlight, I can see a few polish marks in the two pack Opticoat paint protection system after the refit.

I will get this sorted when the rear diffuser finally arrives in Australia and is fitted to the car. It appears there are still issues getting rear diffusers out of Germany. I was initially told it would be 6 weeks after vehicle delivery (3rd April) but this has dragged out to a "don't hold your breath" scenario (my interpretation). So, I'm not holding my breath!!
Attached Images