06-19-2020, 08:33 AM   #39
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboPapa View Post
Thanks for that. I guess you are saying that the UK behaviour is different to the US or elsewhere so there is nothing that can be coded to enable the steering wheel LEDs to turn solid green when Traffic Jam Assist Plus is activated.

Also, I have never really observed any evidence how the Driver Attention Camera actually functions.
What I'm trying to say is that there is no specific Traffic Jam Assist Plus mode in the UK. Once you engage Assisted Driving Mode there is no pop up message and no need of accepting the fact that it is now switching to "hands free" mode. The system activates automatically when all operating requirements are met. It's pretty straight forward.

As far as I'm aware green LEDs are only on when Assisted Parking/Reversing Assistant takes control over the steering wheel. I think that's the case in every country.

Regarding Driver Attention Camera. Once you are in "hands free" mode you need to look up straight ahead'ish. If you start turning your head away it will eventually remind you to pay attention and if you are still not looking up ahead it will disengage the system.

Picture below is the US version of this system. Confirmation is required. In the UK it's not required.
In fact, some people may not even be aware that they don't have to hold the steering wheel any more. There is no indication. Not that I know about anyway.
Attached Images

Last edited by hamera; 06-19-2020 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0