06-21-2020, 05:05 AM   #39
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedeejay View Post
Just thought I'd reply with this. Found this great website showing what every fuse does and whether it goes through ignition relay or not. Will come in use to someone no doubt. Attached pic of fuses I looked at and whether always on or ignition switched. This is for the driver footwell fuse box (RHD UK Car) 320d xDrive
I would recommend using a dedicated battery connected to the ignition switched. In my last car (Audi Q7), I had a Thinkware F770 connected to the always on so I could take advantage of the parking mode features.

It was fine most of the time but if you went a few weeks with light usage, I would get some strange behaviours from the electronics (handbrake fault was one) until the battery was back at full charge.

I did have one occasion after parked at the airport for a week in the winter, if flattened the battery! The dashcam was supposed to stop after 48 hours or when voltage dropped but something went wrong.

On the 340, looking to get a Cellink NEO installed in the boot. Was thinking of Thinkware U1000 but holding out to see if the T700 is released with inbuilt SIM.
Appreciate 0