SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Hi Steve, just a quick update, when I got mine installed I printed out your pdf and said please install it like you did

So interesting these are the changes they suggested.

1. If you place the Neo in the right storage binnacle , you lose the space, so they installed mine , I think where the car battery resides I think top left corner.
Not sure if there is any need to access the battery regularly as bluetooth is always on and you can access it via the app to check status
So basically set and forget, is my thinking correct ?

2. For the front dashcam they mounted it to the left of the rear view mirror , so from the drivers position you cannot see it at all.

3. For the rear dashcam they mounted it so that the lens lines up with the roof antennae so pretty much in the centre

Here are some pix

Don't mind the white square reflection of the garage light in the front cam image.

Cheers
Hi Firetitanx,

Yes, I had considered locating the Neo battery next to the Car battery under the boot floor, but I wanted easy access to the on/off switch on the Neo (just in case I need it - yes, a bit anal on my part).....hence its location in the first aid kit bin. Due to the adjustable net located there, I still have space for the crap I normally have in the car.....dog leads, treats, poo bags, a walking jacket for me, etc, etc.

I had considered putting the front camera where yours is located, but I thought it might have been a bit “in the face” for the passenger.
Tell me, do you still have easy access to the SD card?

For the rear camera, I located mine where I did as it is almost invisible both from outside of the car and through the rear vision mirror. The lens is reasonably close to Centre line (but not actually in the Centre). I noticed that the location of your rear camera is very low on the rear screen, however, I’m sure you will still get full view of the road behind.

I see you went for the Cloud option with your Blackvue. I’ll be interested if you use it much now and in the future. I figured that, with BMW Connect, I could see what was around the car if I wanted.....although I realize it would not give me an alarm that something had happened.

Anyway, enjoy the cameras. You can download some great footage after you’ve been for a spirited drive along some twisty country roads. Plus you can start your own collection of Wallies Behaving Badly on our roads!