Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenHaag3er View Post
The M2 is a road car. The M340i is a road car not tuned for a drag strip.

Regardless of what we think each car is tuned for, the results speak for themselves:
The M2C is faster on the track than an M340i, but the M340i is faster to 60. If you are on a public road street light "racing", then the M340i does that job better. But if you are on a circuit where you don't come to a complete stop every lap or every corner, then the M2C does the job better. It really is that simple and the lap times prove it.

Regarding my original reply, an M2C driver doesn't care if the RS3 beats it in the drag, because the M340i already does, but the M2C outperforms both on the track. If a buyer makes an informed decision about what they want in the car, then they shouldn't be bothered by drag times if that's not one of their priorities.

I am not bothered by the M340i's drag times because I don't drag race and I enjoy tracking. However, I am bothered when M340i owners says their car is "better" than an M car because it's faster in the 1/4 because that's not what an M2/M3/M4 is primarily designed to excel in.

I'm glad you are happy with your M340i, I'm sure you will beat me to the next stop light if I was foolish enough to race on a public street. However, if you want to come to a track day, I'd be happy to have a friendly competition. I would have the advantage with a better suited car, but skill plays a much bigger role on the track with turns so you might beat me. At least that victory would be rightfully earned.

BTW the RS5 is faster than my car in the 1/4 mile, and the last few times I was at WSIR and ACS I was getting the point by on all of them. They simply lost in the twisties or were just less skilled.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82

Last edited by jmg; 06-30-2020 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0