View Single Post
      07-22-2020, 09:30 AM   #18
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Unsurprisingly, I didn't get anywhere with this. BMW UK couldn't give sh!t! They didn't bother looking into it, let alone taking it up with T-Mobile.

They did helpfully suggest that if I needed more data, I would need to insert a second SIM. I asked where you could insert it and they said it's not possible.

I'll try one more time with T-Mobile as I don't see how they can make this claim on the BMW portal:

OPTIMALLY EQUIPPED FOR EVERY ITINERARY: THE NEW DIMENSION OF WIFI SERVICE IN YOUR CAR

Your BMW is now your mobile hotspot: Deutsche Telekom and BMW are equipping most models with high-speed Internet. For unlimited surfing on all your travels. Once you are registered, you and your passengers will have Internet access in your car just as you would at home or at the office. How long and to what extent is up to you. And with no contract period, you can cancel online at any time.

ON THE ROAD WITH HIGH-SPEED INTERNET – THE ROAD IS OPEN FOR UNLIMITED SURFING IN YOUR CAR

With HotSpot Drive your BMW knows no limits when it comes to mobile surfing: Streaming your favourite music or movies is easy, upload and download speeds are fast, and you can even access business records or participate in video conferences. No additional charges in other EU countries – the service provided by Deutsche Telekom makes it possible. Families with children arrive at their destinations more relaxed, business travellers enjoy fast and easy network access. The best thing about it: Your mobile hotspot is always right there with you.
Appreciate 0