Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedeejay View Post
Connection seems bit faffy but..

ENET cable connection
Please make sure your Android device supports an ethernet connection and allows to use a static IP address. Otherwise this connection type is not supported.

Connect the ENET cable with your Android device using an appropriate USB to Ethernet adapter.
Connect the cable to the OBD port in the footwell on the driver side in the car.
Enable “Static IP“ in the Android Ethernet settings(“Connections“ > “More connection settings“ > “Ethernet“ > “Configure Ethernet device“ > “Static IP“) and make the following entries:
IP Address: 169.254.250.250
Netmask: 255.255.0.0
Default gateway: 0.0.0.0
DNS address: 0.0.0.0
Disconnect the cable and connect it again to make the changes take effect.
Open the settings in the BimmerCode app and make sure the correct adapter type is selected.
Tap “Connect” on the start screen in the BimmerCode app.
Upon first use a dialog is displayed and you have to allow BimmerCode access to the UBS device. Please confirm with “OK“ and then tap “Connect” again.
Joedeejay & VipinLJ ,

EEXCELSIOR!! (and I don't mean make all check payable to the state of New York -- an old joke of years gone by :-) )

I didn't hear anything back from Stephan so I tried something on my own this morning (PLEASE NOTE: I had previously set up Ethernet connection on my phone as above):
  • First I connected my ENet cable to my Ethernet to USB-C adapter
  • Then I connected USB-C end of adapter to my phone
  • I opened Bimmercode, clicked on the 3 vertical dots in upper right corner, selected SETTINGS, clicked on the exisiting Adapter, getting a list of adapters, selected MHD ENET (black), closed settings & Bimmercode
  • Next I put phone in Airplane mode (MORE TO FOLLOW ON THAT)
  • Then I connected the OBDII end of cable to car
  • I opened Bimmercode & clicked on CONNECT button, BUT I got a dialog box telling me to turn on WiFi -- so I closed Bimmercode & came out of Airplane mode
  • Opened Bimmercode again, pressed CONNECT button
  • Bimmercode worked super fast & WELL (see below for what I coded)

So, Joedeejay , your instructions were spot on except for turning on Airplane mode!!!

In another thread on this forum, I saw where someone had activated a new audio menu; so I thought I'd give that a try with my HK system. Using Bimmercode (connected as above), I opened Head Unit (HG_MGU), found 3002 AUDIO BROADCAST (NB, not 2002 Audio System); opened that & clicked on Audio-System & changed Alev3RAM (for my car with HK, I guess) to Alev4RAM); and finally clicked on CODE in upper right

So, if you have a Samsung S8, go to SETTINGS, CONNECTIONS, MORE CONNECTION SETTINGS, then ETHERNET (greyed out until you connect cable to phone -- BUT don't need to be connected to car) & enter information as above from Joedeejay

Now I know it works for Samsung S8, BUT honestly am not sure about other Android phones -- best bet is to check & see if you have a greyed out Ethernet entry before you get the adapter (link posted in previous post)

BTW, the new audio menu is terrific

Hope that helps!!

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 4
VipinLJ1949.00
rickkap37.50
Kas6379.50