10-17-2020, 09:37 PM   #72
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Yup. The keis video is misleading when it comes to easiness of install. The clip on the side is the worst.

To get about it, you need to shine a light and look at the clip. It has to be pushed a certain way (I can't remember which way now) to get it to unclip. Shine the light and use your finger/trim removal tool to see how you have to push to separate it and get it out. Also make sure it's the correct clip. There are two clips nearby. One is to separate the chrome trim from the black trim on the grill itself which you don't need. The other clip is the clip from the grill to the body panel of the car. That's the one you need to undo.
And yes. If you get frustrated, it becomes worse. I got frustrated at first. But then I realized nothing was happening. So I calmed down and tried with a clear head. That helped Once you get one of the side clips and the clips on the top and bottom out, the other one comes out easily.
And yes. The top clips are frustrating too. Unhook one, move to the next and the one you unhooked clips back on place. You have to pull hard enough to separate the clip almost completely so it doesn't go back. Easy if there are two people doing it.

And yes. Undo the clips on top first. Then remove the one on the left (when you're facing the car). The bottom ones come out easily.
I did get the left side clip out, but could not get the right side to budge. I looked at the new grill to see the clips in detail, but I couldn't push hard enough on the clip to get it out. Maybe if I had the right kind of trim removal tool.

I got a call and had to put it back together, so it's on hold for now... I have a service appointment on the 20th (for iDrive "issues" AKA install 07/2020 please thanks), so I'll see what they quote me to swap the grill. Thanks for the info. I'm prepared for a BS quote and re-attempting the job myself.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI
Appreciate 0