Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaabi View Post
Here what I was told by a BMW employee who has his car tuned. "Just do it. If anything goes wrong and bmw doesn't wants to void the warranty, they legally have to prove that what you did caused the issue." So if you blow the engine up somehow, bmw can't say you tuned it so that's why, they have to be able to show the tune is what caused the engine to blow up. I've read this in other places while doing research and apparently this is a law in the US, manufactures can't deny warranty until they prove your mods are what caused the issue.
I thought the main thing is BMW has new ECU's that are completely locked... So you can't tune it even if you want to.
That's true however that doesn't mean tuners won't find a way into the ecu. It's a computer and essentially every computer system can be hacked, it just needs time. But if you have a 2020 model you can tune it unless you have a certain software that locks that ecu but that's currently unlock-able you just need to send it in. Alfa Romeo did the same thing with 2018 builds that essentially had a firewall on the ecu but there was a plug-in that bypass it.
Appreciate 0