11-02-2020, 01:44 AM   #111
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
VSC was too convenient for HAM for my liking. Watched it live and havent seen replayed it but it felt like the stewards took their time deploying til he was coming up to the last few contents and it ended right after he left the pits. Wether or not he came out in front of Bottas he would’ve eventually pass him but the VSC seemed to start and last just long enough just for HAM to get the pit benefit.

Ferrari is being more and more blatant with fucking with Vettel on his way out the door. The botched pit could happen to anyone but it HAD to happen to Vettel when he was primed to come out in the points somewhere along the McClarens. And then WTF were they thinking putting him on hards when he could’ve attacked on softs and probably made it to the end, no point going conservative now.
Hamilton had made up the required time to come out ahead of Bottas and Verstappen after his pit stop...so the VSC made no difference.
If they hadn't thrown a VSC then Hamilton was scheduled to stay out longer and would have made up even more of a gap.
But yes the timing of the VSC felt a bit too convenient for Hamilton.

I don't at all believe that Ferrari deliberately sabotaged Vettel's pitstop, for a start some of the pit crew would have to be in on the plan and there would be every chance that someone might blab,....plus there is no upside for the team in seeing such an embarrassing botched pit stop.
The Italian press will not be at all impressed.
It was definitely a shame for Vettel who had put in a good performance that most likely would have gained him some points....even on the hard tyre which performed pretty well once warmed up.

I was a bit sad for Russel who had a great race right up until, just as he was spinning up his rear tyres to put some heat in them, he went over a bump in the track.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34192.50