11-27-2020, 05:18 PM   #13
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM13RS View Post
Had these plates for four years, tinted front & rear with illegal spacing- No issues. Think the first fine is £100, when & if that time comes il pay it then change them back to legal ones so they dont get funny second time. I know a few of you don't like it, but for me it sets the car off, especially against the davit grey.

Been told off once by the plod, I always have a real spaced set in the boot, as long as you can put them on at the roadside they can't do anything, which is exactly what I did.

Had an S3 before this, again never had issues. I don't have all my cars illegally spaced, just this one, I keep my Panamera legal, so don't worry I'm not all that bad!

Have heard about these ANPR auto sending out fines!!

Carbon mirrors were a doddle to fit, didn't take long maybe 15 mins per mirror? Thought id put them up so you could have a little look, not sure what it is about them but love the fins on them.

Jack
Sorry but that's not true - just because you have the proper plates in the boot doesn't mean anything, and in fact more proves the point that you're willingly driving knowing you have a non-compliant plate. There's no steps in what the police can do, they could easily give you points, or report you to go to court if it took their fancy.

I'm only trying to help here by the way - this is coming from someone who got caught speeding, then they decided to report me because of my plates too. Double whammy! Safe to say I have compliant plates these days.
Appreciate 0