01-15-2021, 05:42 PM   #25
vTuga
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330e G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog97 View Post
After reading all of the comments and debating back and forth / between the JB+ and the JB4, I just ordered the Dinantronics D440-0047 direct from Dinan. Like the JB+ I'm drawn to the small investment aspect of it, the modest power/torque gains, and the simplicity of the install & removal. I'm not looking to blow the doors off of anyone - I know this won't be comparable to my F80 M3 no matter what I do to it.

I liked Steve Dinan's comments (online - Youtube video) about how piggybacks work on modern cars, why they chose to go to piggybacks (rather than pure software flashes as they used to do), and how they draw more sensor data streams than some others so that they're not just raising boost and counting on the native BMW anti-knock circuitry / loops to reign things in. Here's hoping it gives a smooth experience.

FYI they are currently on sale (as of 1/15/21) for a price comparable to the JB+, with free shipping.

(Interesting also that Dinan is now part of the Holley conglomerate / roll-up sponsored by Sentinel Partners. I hadn't been following it, but it's now grown to a huge grouping of diverse aftermarket brands.)
I think the Dinan Sport you ordered does indeed only raise boost, it doesn't have any other sensor input. Dinan has other boxes, like the Elite, that have more connections and more sophisticated tuning, but the sport is the equivalent to a JB+.
Appreciate 0