View Single Post
      03-12-2021, 09:04 AM   #1952
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkdog View Post
Wanted to get some opinions on my order.

I placed my order on 2/20/2021. I didn't enter "scheduled for production" status until 3/5/2021. BMW Genius has told me I am scheduled to complete production week 15 (week of 4/12/2021). I've seen multiple people that ordered around the same date as me whose cars have already completed production.

The individual I spoke with couldn't confirm, but thought my car was being assembled at the Mexico factory. I suppose this would explain the delay in production if my car is indeed being built in Mexico, while others in this thread have already been built in Germany. Just want to make sure I'm not thinking wishfully here.

Secondly, does anyone have knowledge of transport times from the Mexico factory to USA dealerships?

Thanks
Regardless of where it is being built your order date and production date are two different things. Your dealer has a certain number of production slots, typically by month. When you place an order you are assigned one of those production numbers. In my case I ordered in early September and my dealer had a production slot the first week of October. If I had ordered at the end of September I would have had a November slot. In your case you ordered the end of February and got an early April slot. Your dealer can typically tell you when your production number is scheduled to start but for whatever reason they choose to add some mystery to it. My car was built in Mexico and it has fantastic build quality. You have a greater than 90% chance of being built in Mexico.
Appreciate 0