View Single Post
      03-19-2021, 12:54 PM   #316
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
I don't think the livability/drivability concerns were addressed by ZCP specifically, I think it was iStep. I think reviewers and influencers were just sent ZCP cars and they incorrectly attributed all the positive changes to ZCP. I don't necessarily fault them for doing so though, as they aren't really F8X enthusiasts or owners so they wouldn't really know or care to get that deep to realize iStep had changed the cars globally. Having driven an earlier 15 and having my 16 on 2018+ iStep, definitely a difference, less spikey/hairy and DCT (pre-GTS flash) was a bit less fussy
The iStep in most base cars was never updated but mine was. I only updated mine in 2018 in advance of installing the MPHAS because it was recommended. It didn't do much other than get rid of the dead zone in the middle of the steering wheel and I drove with the latest iStep for about 3 weeks until I had the springs installed at recommended height.

The spring rates and dampers on the ZCP made a lot more difference to the driving experience than the iStep upgrades.

You're talking to the one guy that did everything and I mean everything to turn his base into a ZCP.

I was going to order an F80 ZCP 6MT in Fire Orange but they went out of production earlier than expected and my order was cancelled. Ended up in a DCT CS.
Appreciate 0